Parts tracker not recognizing login?

Parts tracker not recognizing login?
Question 
For some reason when I click on either the 'my submits' or 'my reviews' links under the tools link of the parts tracker it doesn't always immediately recognize that I am already logged in and will sometimes give me a message telling me I need to log in to access that function. Is anybody else having this problem? If it matters I am using Netscape Navigator version 9.
RE: Parts tracker not recognizing login?
I use Mozilla Firefox and have the same problem.
(2016-04-04, 10:43)Heiko Jelnikar Wrote: I use Mozilla Firefox and have the same problem.

Is this happening always? Could you please check if you have an ldraw.org cookie named 'sid'. If that doesn't exist or has expired then the Parts Tracker will prompt you to login.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Found the cookie, but it is set to expire at the end of the session. Is there some way to make it permanent?
(2016-04-06, 0:08)Mark Kennedy Wrote: Found the cookie, but it is set to expire at the end of the session. Is there some way to make it permanent?

With the cookie present were you still prompted to login?
Also, when you log in, is the "Remember Me" checkbox checked?
(2016-04-06, 5:41)Chris Dee Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 0:08)Mark Kennedy Wrote: Found the cookie, but it is set to expire at the end of the session. Is there some way to make it permanent?

(2016-04-06, 5:49)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Also, when you log in, is the "Remember Me" checkbox checked?

Once the cookie is present it no longer ask me to log in, and I do have the "Remember Me" box checked.
(2016-04-06, 8:58)Mark Kennedy Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 5:41)Chris Dee Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 0:08)Mark Kennedy Wrote: Found the cookie, but it is set to expire at the end of the session. Is there some way to make it permanent?

(2016-04-06, 5:49)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Also, when you log in, is the "Remember Me" checkbox checked?

Once the cookie is present it no longer ask me to log in, and I do have the "Remember Me" box checked.

Good. That's how the authentication is supposed to work.
But myBB is still setting the cookie to expire on session close, regardless of the 'Remember Me' setting, which is different to the old forum.
This has to be a browser issue as I just tested on my machine and I had no problem. I use Safari. I'll fire up Firefox (and Netscape is Firefox based) and see what the issue is and how to correct it.
I was just prompted to log-in on the Partstracker using Firefox.

Can't really remember when it did this last time.
(2016-04-06, 20:33)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I was just prompted to log-in on the Partstracker using Firefox.

Can't really remember when it did this last time.

You need to be logged in so that the Parts Tracker knows who you are to check what permissions you have.

If you previously logged into the old (Phorum) forum and asked to be remembered permanently, the Parts Tracker would have used that cookie and you would probably never have been asked to login again. Now we are on the new (myBB) forum, the Parts Tracker only looks at the cookie from logging in to this. Even if your Phorum cookie is still valiid, it is no longer being checked. Orion is investigating why the myBB cookies are expiring on session end.
Ok. I just tested with fresh install of Firefox 45.0.1 on OSX 10.11.4. I logged in, posted a review, closed FireFox and reopened, and posted another review with no issues. Check your cookie settings and see if you have it set to expire cookies upon FireFox close. I'll test on my Windows machine when I get a chance.
(2016-04-07, 5:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ok.  I just tested with fresh install of Firefox 45.0.1 on OSX 10.11.4.  I logged in, posted a review, closed FireFox and reopened, and posted another review with no issues.  Check your cookie settings and see if you have it set to expire cookies upon FireFox close.  I'll test on my Windows machine when I get a chance.

On my existing install of Firefox 45.0.1 on Windows 7, I logged in, posted a review, and closed firefox. On restarting Firefox, I needed to login again to post another review.
I just tested it with Firefox 45.0.1 on Win 7, 64. I was logged in, uploaded a part, closed FireFox and reopened, and posted another review with no issues.
I figured out the problem and am working on a solution.
Chris, this will require a small modification to the authentication code for the PT. I'll try to send you code by tonight my time (you're 10 hrs ahead of me)
Problem solved and Chris has the info he needs to fix the PT.  He'll let you know when everything is patched up.
(2016-04-09, 4:07)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Problem solved and Chris has the info he needs to fix the PT.  He'll let you know when everything is patched up.

Change implemented and seems to be working. If you are logged in to the forum, the Parts Tracker now understands this across browser sessions.
Very nice, it works.
(2016-04-09, 5:54)Chris Dee Wrote:
(2016-04-09, 4:07)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Problem solved and Chris has the info he needs to fix the PT.  He'll let you know when everything is patched up.

Change implemented and seems to be working. If you are logged in to the forum, the Parts Tracker now understands this across browser sessions.

Hello Chris.

Unfortunately its not working for me. Tried it in both Firefox and Chrome.

It might be because its set for HTTPS only and so it won't carry over to http://www.ldraw.org
(2017-02-02, 19:42)Joao Almeida Wrote:
(2016-04-09, 5:54)Chris Dee Wrote: Change implemented and seems to be working. If you are logged in to the forum, the Parts Tracker now understands this across browser sessions.

Hello Chris.

It might be because its set for HTTPS only and so it won't carry over to http://www.ldraw.org

That's was my fault. I didn't consider that when I switched the forms over to https. I'll fix it right now. Logout and log back in
(2017-02-02, 19:45)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 19:42)Joao Almeida Wrote: Hello Chris.

That's was my fault. I didn't consider that when I switched the forms over to https. I'll fix it right now. Logout and log back in

Awesome! Thank you very much.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »