LICreator Pre-Ultimate version

LICreator Pre-Ultimate version
I'm glad to introduce to all of you this release. This version have many changes, so answer only to some things which need attention posted by Willy Tschager. Download from https://github.com/Jeremy1980/licreator.
  • The CC license should also be shipped as a .txt
    • I included the CC license into COPYING file.
  • The Toggle Assistent pop-up should have a closing button in the top right-hand corner as it is not obvious how to get rid off
  • Model -> Toggle Assistent not accessible when no model is loaded while F1 works
    • I handle this. Probably...
  • Have the ability to export just one page as PDF (either current page or number)
    • Right-Click on Page object. Select 'Render Me' option.
  • Save in the folder where the model is stored. Currently they end up in my VirtualStore on Win7
    • This looks like a problem with the configuration of your virtual machine, I can explain it in a separate thread.
  • A pane which shows the LDraw code underneath
    • It work realy amazing to me. Right click on Part List Page object. Choose 'Show design numbers'. If somethings go into wrong way. Then correct them with codes.ini file. Select Model => Check for Library Updates... to get latest version, that overwrite your actual file.
  • Once you edit the template (I moved around the step number and the PLI) there is no menu entry to refresh the pages showing the new setting.
  • Save/Load template somehow broken (the above change couldn't be save or loaded)
    • Fix mistake. Template elements are no longer movable.
  • Reopen produces a "Open Error"
    • Fix mistake. Re-opening ability available only on saved instruction.
  • LIC doesn't support Buffer-Exchange or MLCad Arrow code and should at least ignore them when it comes across.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tkc3m7tajo4s0q/LIC.jpg?dl=0
  • Whole template concept should be out-sourced to a Menu -> Setting where you set up your defaults but have the ability to save/load a template if needed
    • Too much work. Maybe one fine day -- it will become a reality.
  • "Generate images with POV-Ray" grayed out though I have defined all paths. Had to restart the prog twice to get it work
  • Prog crashes on Export
    • Handling QThread class to stop freezing application one some behaviors. Long and/or Lazy work now out of main thread. I hope this correct solution. Probably...
  • I do not think that L3P is a good choice as POV-Exporter. I like the output of LDView much better - and easier to handle.
    • You probably have right. But actually stay AS IS. Do not forget to set L3PAccessLog or POVAccessLog on True to know what these programs are doing.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
Re: LICreator on-line updates
I need to know how detect LEGO design for file like 947a.dat.

You can download attachment using MODEL => Check for Library Updates... too.
I think about functionality to report user to Me about missing definitions of colors ,part number, etc.
At this time I need to know how handle this what is inside attachment.

Example 947a.dat = DESIGN Number

Attached Files
.ini   codes.ini (Size: 65.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
Re: LICreator Pre-Ultimate version
Hello,

I downloaded the last version, unzipped the SW, started it and added the paths. But I cannot get a render of the steps. I get the complete model but not the single steps. And I cenot find the generated PDF...
I used the attached LDR.

In the GUI, I can see the steps etc, but no PLI and CSI of the individual steps.

However, I can see the part lists (BOM) rendered at the end of the file, so the renderer option must work.

Gerald

Attached Files
.ldr   7815.ldr (Size: 9.6 KB / Downloads: 0)
After import:
:: Leave the three steps per page
Try Use:
:: Model => Run clean-up [F2]
:: right-click on page. Choose Auto Layout
:: do it your work

You surprised Me so much. Can you download previous version from here https://github.com/Jeremy1980/licreator/...32/LIC.exe and describe result.
Download now. I fix major bugs.
Second edition come on the stage and ready to download.
Greetings,

The latest revision is running very well. I have one follow up question:

1. How do I control how the bricks are rendered? In lpub the adjustments made in ldview change the look of the bricks and model. This doesn't seem to be the case in LIC. The set I'm using is primarily black and the lines between the bricks are to thin and dark to tell them apart in the model. Bricks with studs on the side have no detail at all when black is used.

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,

Andrew
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »