LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: Req info on 64 bit useage (Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1)
I'm using it in Ubuntu 12.4, no problems so far.

Is there some kind of "about" dialog somewhere to check the exact version, by the way?
Glad Unbuntu has no problems, but there seems to be a GTK dependency issue on some other platforms.

Currently there is no indication to see if the 32 or 64 bit version is running, I'll add that to the about box. Only indication at the moment is the tar.gz filename.
Thanks for reporting,

Yes the editing plane can be a bit weird, but up to the part snapping feature it was very important Smile
Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 for Linux on ARMv6
hi Roland,
I just tried it on a Raspberry Pi Model B+.
Package libgtk2.0-bin and libgl1-mesa-glx is installed.
I had to install libglu1-mesa to get it running.
After setting the directory of the parts library, a blank window (no menus, just a status bar at the bottom) shows up with a message "Fatal: OpenGL not available".
Then I installed libgles2-mesa: same result.
Does the fatal error even prevent the menus showing up?
regards,
LC
Thanks for trying,

LDCad primarily uses an pure OpenGL GUI inside a single panel/context. There are two major reasons for getting the 'no OpenGL' message:

wxWidgets failed (using glut) to initialize the context.
or the OpenGL version is below 1.1.

A more precise reason might be given in the log file.

Also the raspberry only has OpenGL ES so no display lists, something I use extensively for the gui rendering. I'm not sure how to make Linux use pure software MESA rendering as an fallback but I'm expecting this is what's needed to get it working (very slowly).

Removing the dependency on display lists is on my long term plans, when that's done a usable version for arm (and Linux tablets etc) becomes possible / usable.
hi Roland,
the logfile has one error message:
glew failed to initialize, no opengl interface available
the rest is OK
regards,
frank
I think this fails because it asks for a normal OpenGL context, while the pi can only offer a OpenGL ES context.

To get a non ES context you need to install a pure software renderer/rasterizer, for example by using http://www.mesa3d.org/intro.html

I'm not completely sure but I don't think this software rendering is installed by default (even if you have some *mesa* libs installed). And it will be VERY slow so it might not be worth the effort.

I'm hoping to support OpenGL ES when the Ubuntu tablets become more mainstream, as I would love to get one of those to play with myself.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »