BrickLink colour changes

RE: BrickLink colour changes
(2023-05-05, 18:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: What Willy is trying to say is that all of this is discussed on the forums. This is the public record and is searchable. I'm not going to link to every single spec discussion.
If I search for “silver” here, I find four somewhat-relevant threads: this one, Vincent’s thread that Willy linked to, a 7-year-old longish thread, and a 12-year-old thread.
Maybe my search-fu is dismal but:

First, I don’t call that “discussing ad nauseam.”

Second, in the 2016 thread, Willy says “we should pack 135 with 296+131+315.”  There’s a post by Philo then one by Sven and then Willy says “Nailed!”  Is that the decision?

Third, I was also talking about the “no theme in colour name” discussion/decision.  Searching for “theme (name(s))” or “bionicle” does not show any thread more recent than Willy’s post in this thread saying he will add the “Bionicle_*” colours.

(2023-05-05, 18:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You asked the question, it was answered. The tone didn't seem dismissive to me but I apologize if it seemed that way to you. Please remember that English is a second or third language for most of us (not me but almost everyone else) and that the medium of text removes non-verbal context clues.
I understand that but there’s a pattern with the answers to Max Murtazin in the linked thread, especially this one.

(2023-05-05, 18:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Also, I'm not sure what "official guideline" we're not following as there are no requirements listed in the page you link to.
Well, maybe that’s the problem.  It’s the only official text about colours and those are indeed only “considerations” but, as already mentioned here, there’s no indication on any process to add, change, or discuss colours.
I understand if you want to keep things informal / on the forum but then don’t complain if the same question pops up twice again in 2029-2030  Tongue

Finally, a few years ago, BrickLink planned never to separate some colours (“good enough,” “history,” “too late,” “impossible”…).  Now they have separated Clikit Lavender and the Bionicle metals (especially silver).  Things change.
Forgive me for thinking a decision from 2016 may have had a chance of being re-evaluated in face of new elements.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
BrickLink colour changes - by Sylvain Sauvage - 2020-02-01, 23:55
RE: BrickLink colour changes - by Chris Dee - 2020-05-10, 17:17
RE: BrickLink colour changes - by Sylvain Sauvage - 2023-05-06, 19:56