Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a

RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a
(2018-03-29, 21:37)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I think we should arrange it like other motors have been arranged.
One static, complete housing (without the axle) + one user adaptable axle.
motor = body (complete (casing+core)) + axle (complete (steel axle + plastic axle))

As I've probably indicated before, I think this is a good idea.
However, from a user's view, it would be cumbersome to always have to assemble the motor before use (I very much like that I can just drop the parts in and use them directly).

That could be solved by adding an extension to the 'assembled motor'; eg. making the axle 'rotatable'.
Such an extension can not be used at the moment, because no programs supports it, but it would make things easier for the user, plus other 'assembled' items would be able to use the feature as well.
I do not know how many items that have attached rotatable objects, but I can think of a few:
Various Turntables (small 2x2, old '4x4', technic 4x4, other larger technic)
Lego Minifig (head).
Maxifig arms.
... and a whole bunch of other parts.

If that idea is worth considering, then it'll be important to present a list to the editing application of 'angles' that can be changed.
Eg. A minifig has legs, arms and a head; all those would need an axis and a default angle and the editing application would need to know what can be changed.

Some day in the future, this could perhaps be taken a step further, in order to support animations - just guessing.

I'll leave the idea open for further thoughts - it should probably go in its own thread anyway. Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a - by Jens Bauer - 2018-03-31, 7:22