Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a

RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a
(2018-03-28, 1:07)Steffen Wrote: I would like to encourage you to add 1 more thing to your files: BFCing.
I hope that after reading it you understand this request a little better.

I've played around with LDView. Fortunately, the red/green colors are not a problem for me. Smile
-I'm not completely sure I've understood the BFC correctly.
Eg. I would have expected the motor housing needed to be green on the outside and on the inside.
Eg. a standard 4 x 2 brick would not be 'red' when seen from the bottom, right ?

I've made two files for the rear-part of the motor, they should illustrate what I mean; they're attached as two images (in order to make things a little easier).
One of them must be wrong. Wink
If I understand it correctly and the current housing is correct, then 'x2' (first attachment, left) should be correct.
If the housing should actually be red on the inside, then 'x3' (second attachment, right) should be correct (I actually like x3 better, but that doesn't mean it's right).

-So now I'll need to ask you, in order to get a correct understanding; which one of them are correct.

Note: I spent a couple of hours correcting the file I submitted, rather than re-applying my changes to the current one; I also added some thickness to the part where it joins with the main motor housing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a - by Jens Bauer - 2018-03-30, 3:42