LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans
Roland Melkert Wrote:This might become, partly, possible using scripts too. You can already experiment with it in 1.5 using the animation scripts.
While pausing the animation you can export the OpenGL rendering (and thus the model in alternative colors).
Thanks for an example. You are right - part of that already works - that's promising. However, there are still some issues as you can see in my example:
  • edges are not transparent so one gets something like a wired model - emphasized groups still are not visible well
  • to set alpha channel of bricks walls one needs to modify ldconfig.ldr and restart LDCad (twice)
  • scripting API does not contain any call to make a selection so I had to make a group containing all the model
  • one needs scripting - this becomes even more complicated when/if we needed a real animation as well

Anyway, it's really promising that LDCad already knows each part of this feature. Can I therefore ask for a full feature merging them to one nice hotkey (+slider for opacity)? Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Milan Vančura - 2016-01-13, 12:34
Re: LDCad 1.6 ROTSTEP feedback - by TestOne - 2016-02-25, 22:56
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Kai - 2016-05-23, 18:48
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Art - 2016-08-11, 12:56
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Art - 2016-08-12, 7:29
RE: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - by Karen M - 2017-10-24, 10:28