Background color for sticker substrate

Background color for sticker substrate
Moving this http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...81#pid3781 over here:

Quote:The sticker is a 0.25 LDU thin box (or whatever shape sticker is in), oriented such that the top face is at -0.25 Y and parallel with the X-Z plane. The pattern is on the top face; the other (five) sides of the box correspond to main background colour of the sticker pattern (i.e. the predominant colour of the pattern at its edges). If there isn't a predominant colour at the edges of the sticker, the actual colour of the sticker material should be used instead (usually white).

to

Quote:The sticker is a 0.25 LDU thin box (or whatever shape sticker is in), without any linetypes 2 (edgelines) and coloured with main color 16. The sticker is oriented such that the top face is at -0.25 Y and parallel with the X-Z plane. The pattern with the hardcoded colours is on the top face.

Thoughts? What comes to my mind is how do we tight the first paragraph to the second, counting in that color 16 in patterns is allowed only for transparent colors. I'd like to - if possible - separate the pattern from the substrate. To make it short the first paragraph defines the substrate, the second the pattern.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Background color for sticker substrate - by Willy Tschager - 2012-03-16, 20:16