Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a

RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a
(2018-03-31, 13:12)Chris Dee Wrote: I have done a major refactoring based on the discussion here (and on the Parts Tracker) and provided a review summary page at http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptreviewsum...1977motors.

Thank you for this; I think it's the right way to go. Smile

I realized today that I had been working on files taken from the wrong BrickSmith installation. :/
-I previously had 2.4 and 2.5 installed with files that were a few years old; the new installation (2.6) have new parts.
I must have picked the wrong LDraw library.

I may have done some redundant work, but it's given me some training in how to make parts and how to work with BFC. Smile

Earlier today I played around with "prettifying" the motor axle; this is still based upon the old files, but I've made two files that could go into the 'p' folder. One file make the rubber-band groove look much more smooth / like the groove on the original motor, the other file makes the end of axles look better. -See attached screenshot (please ignore the steel axle).

I've also looked at u9374 and noticed the move away from "round" cylinders - I understand this is for several reasons, including the lack of ability to make a round hole in a rectangular shape.

Before I submit, the two files I have so far needs to be updated, so they make a perfect match/fit for your current axles.
(I'll submit updates to u9376 and 9377 with my latest BFC'ed versions, as a few bugs have been fixed).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Grey Technic motor from 1977: 6216a - by Jens Bauer - 2018-03-31, 13:56