LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2024-03-15, 21:21)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Roland, I tried to search, but I could not find the sample for the interactive animation... where can I find it? thanks

It's 8848.mpd from the file/examples menu.
(2024-03-15, 21:32)Roland Melkert Wrote: It's 8848.mpd from the file/examples menu.

Thanks for the hint!
I have most of my custom parts divided up into their sources and I would like to create a bin for them, ideally based on their file path. 

Is this possible?
And while I am here, is it possible to get the categories as a text list similar to studio? I know that is kind of the forbidden name around here but I find the part navigation to be easier to manage than going up and down a folder structure. 

[Image: CJEJAOz.png]
(2024-05-09, 18:07)Cam's Bricks Wrote: I have most of my custom parts divided up into their sources and I would like to create a bin for them, ideally based on their file path. 

Is this possible?

Interesting but I think it's currently only possible if they sit in subfolders (like s\ ) of if they have special keywords or categories.

For this to work cleanly I would need to add 'names' to libraries so you could filter on those. Currently bin rules can only filter on official/unoffical.

It put it on my nice to have list.
(2024-05-09, 18:14)Cam's Bricks Wrote: And while I am here, is it possible to get the categories as a text list similar to studio? I know that is kind of the forbidden name around here but I find the part navigation to be easier to manage than going up and down a folder structure.

Only if you make png's for each text and use those as the mascot
(2024-05-09, 18:14)Roland Melkert Wrote: Interesting but I think it's currently only possible if they sit in subfolders (like s\ ) of if they have special keywords or categories.

For this to work cleanly I would need to add 'names' to libraries so you could filter on those. Currently bin rules can only filter on official/unoffical.

It put it on my nice to have list.

Re reading my post I definitely could use some grammar edits but to be sure I understand you, in order for it to work, I would need to add a category meta to the custom files to then be able to sort in a pbg file?
And even more questions, Do PBGs have to be in the main partBin folder to work or could I put them in the parts folder(s)?
(2024-05-09, 20:17)Cam's Bricks Wrote: in order for it to work, I would need to add a category meta to the custom files to then be able to sort in a pbg file?
Yes that is an option, a filtering pbg can than use an include rule on that category.

(2024-05-09, 20:20)Cam's Bricks Wrote: And even more questions, Do PBGs have to be in the main partBin folder to work or could I put them in the parts folder(s)?
All pbg files must be in the partBin folder. You can make subfolder inside it though.

If you're on Linux you could link to something outside the tree though.
(2023-09-07, 1:24)N. W. Perry Wrote: I have two probably minor suggestions for the next round of updates:

1. I'd like to be able to set the default step rotation from the GUI. It could be a menu item under Prefs->Editing, and/or in the Step Properties dialog, the addition of a "Use as def" button. (Would only work for ABS step rotations I guess.) Right now you can set the default rotation by editing main.cfg, but you first need to know the matrix to use…
I've been looking into this and the default value is actually the same as used in LDView and LPub.
If you change it, things will look different in LPub etc. I think this is why I made it a main.cfg thing only.
The 'normal' way of changing the base is to put an abs rotation in the first step. (the step properties dialog has a sample view button.)
An alternative could be to add an option to automatically make the first step an abs rotation one with a custom rotation?

(2023-09-07, 1:24)N. W. Perry Wrote: 2. I'd like to be able to set default directories for Open and Save. (Or is there already a way?) Right now it looks like the only option is the last used directory, which is often handy. But I'd like to set my Models dir as the default, because for some reason I can't navigate upwards in the directory tree in the Save and Open dialogs. If I want to change to another directory, I have to drill down each time from the top level of my computer.
Is this still an issue as the clean way to do this, would be to make all folder io stuff aware of a 'the last used/static' option. And adding a new dialog to set those options. This is not something I put high on my 'fun to do' list  Big Grin

(2023-12-01, 4:19)CJ H. Wrote: The discussion about partsbin configuration above made me remember to put in this feature request, which I've been meaning to do for a long time: would it be possible to add to the "Part bin display filter" dialog the ability to inculde/exclude prints/stickers/duplo/quatro?  
I've been looking into this and there arn't any real universal ways to exclude those things like the other 'include' option checkboxes (those are all based on !LDRAW_ORG)

The only way I can think of, is to offer an (comma separated) category and/or description exclusion input field in the filter dialog below the 'match on' section.

I also still like my initial thought:
Quote:So the easiest way for me to add this would be extending the search group pbg format to include a base filter.

Anyone has additional thoughts about any of the above points?
(2024-05-19, 21:56)Roland Melkert Wrote: I've been looking into this and the default value is actually the same as used in LDView and LPub.
If you change it, things will look different in LPub etc. I think this is why I made it a main.cfg thing only.
The 'normal' way of changing the base is to put an abs rotation in the first step. (the step properties dialog has a sample view button.)
An alternative could be to add an option to automatically make the first step an abs rotation one with a custom rotation?

For me it's not an issue if other programs look different. But to be honest, the whole issue isn't very big to me at all; I just thought it would be nice to have a "shortcut" to change the matrix in main.cfg without actually editing that file.

I suppose making the first step an abs rotation is a good solution—and any rel rotations following it would be based on the current (abs) rotation, not the default one, right?

(If I had to choose, the much bigger wish for me would be setting a rotation for the final step of a model without having to add an extra (blank) step at the end. It hurts me just a little bit to have 29 steps in my model when there are only 28 in the instructions. Confused )

Quote:Is this still an issue as the clean way to do this, would be to make all folder io stuff aware of a 'the last used/static' option. And adding a new dialog to set those options. This is not something I put high on my 'fun to do' list  Big Grin

Yeah, this one still happens. I'd be curious to know if others have the same issue, or if it's an effect of running under Wine? Heck, maybe there's even a Wine setting for this? It wouldn't be a problem at all if only there were a way to navigate up one folder in the open/save dialog, as there is in my native UI.

It would be good enough if I could just set my main ldraw library as the default open/save location. At least I can navigate downward from there.

Quote:Anyone has additional thoughts about any of the above points?

I may have mentioned this before, but is there a way to filter (or even sort) the part bin view by color? Makes it easier to cross-check against official set inventories.
(2024-05-19, 22:48)N. W. Perry Wrote: I may have mentioned this before, but is there a way to filter (or even sort) the part bin view by color? Makes it easier to cross-check against official set inventories.
You want the partbiin contents limited to parts available in the current working color?

If so this is currently not possible closest thing would be if you make pbg's for each color and navigate the resulting tree.

To make this feature I would need a map file of some kind listing all available colors per official part.

This info could also be added using a new shadow meta. But a central map file would probably be easier.
(Yesterday, 7:13)Roland Melkert Wrote: You want the partbiin contents limited to parts available in the current working color?

If so this is currently not possible closest thing would be if you make pbg's for each color and navigate the resulting tree.

No, just a way to filter the view. So just as I can type "brick" or "2x4" in the search filter, I'd like to also be able to type e.g. a color number and have the view limited to only that color (plus whatever other filter I have entered).

For my purposes it would be enough to enter a search filter of "brick 2x color=4" and it would show me all the red bricks of 2x2, 2x4, 2x8 etc.

Another way might be to just add "color" to the "Match on" options in the filter dialog. Or, yes, maybe a checkbox to only display parts in the current working color.

I figured since the text of a pbg file already contains color tags it would be simple enough to search this text. But if it's complicated to implement I wouldn't worry about it. Smile
(8 hours ago)N. W. Perry Wrote: No, just a way to filter the view. So just as I can type "brick" or "2x4" in the search filter, I'd like to also be able to type e.g. a color number and have the view limited to only that color (plus whatever other filter I have entered).

For my purposes it would be enough to enter a search filter of "brick 2x color=4" and it would show me all the red bricks of 2x2, 2x4, 2x8 etc.

So just filtering on the fixed colors as given in a pbg?

I could introduce a special token for it like the current nxn and !

Maybe # like "brick 2x4 #4"
(6 hours ago)Roland Melkert Wrote: So just filtering on the fixed colors as given in a pbg?

I could introduce a special token for it like the current nxn and !

Maybe # like "brick 2x4 #4"

Works for me! Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »