Change to the Official Library Spec for Pattern Naming

Change to the Official Library Spec for Pattern Naming
Based on a discussion on the PT forum, I'd like to proposed the following change to the Official Library Spec.

https://www.ldraw.org/article/512.html#pattern_desc
(changes in bold)
Quote:The description of a patterned part should in the following format:
<base part description> with <pattern description> Pattern

Where:
  •     <base part description> is the description of the non-patterned version of the part. Note: For parts with mold variants (e.g. tiles with or without groove), the additional qualifier for the mold is only required if the same pattern is printed on more than one variation. Example: "Minifig Head with Solid Stud with ... Pattern" can be shortened to "Minifig Head with ... Pattern" if the pattern being modeled only appears on the "Solid Stud" variation.
  •     <pattern description> is a reasonably detailed description of the pattern. If unsure, use of the description on other inventory websites is encouraged.
RE: Change to the Official Library Spec for Pattern Naming
Bump for comments otherwise call for votes is incoming.
(2022-02-16, 15:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Bump for comments otherwise call for votes is incoming.

Sorry for the delay. This change sounds good to me.
(2022-02-16, 15:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Bump for comments otherwise call for votes is incoming.

I no expert on part description conventions, but this sounds fine to to me.

So unless others have valid objections, I would vote to adopt this.
Since there are no objections, in lieu of call for votes, I'll consider this passed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »