LDView LDView 4.4.1 Released

LDView 4.4.1 Released
LDView 4.4.1 is now available.

You can download this release from the LDView Downloads Page.

This is a minor version update, with only two changes:

1. Support tndis primitives.
  2. Fix for -SaveSnapshotsList command line argument.
RE: LDView 4.4.1 Released
Bug:

* Check "Highlight selected line" in the Model Tree dialog
* Chose a color different from the default light blue to highlight your lines
* Lines are highligthed with the chosen color, say red
* Close LDView
* Start LDView
* The color in the Model Tree you have chosen is still red but the selected lines are back to be highlighted with the default light blue

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-05-05, 6:28)Willy Tschager Wrote: Bug:

* Check "Highlight selected line" in the Model Tree dialog
* Chose a color different from the default light blue to highlight your lines
* Lines are highligthed with the chosen color, say red
* Close LDView
* Start LDView
* The color in the Model Tree you have chosen is still red but the selected lines are back to be highlighted with the default light blue

w.
I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem here Sad
I will investigate. I created an issue on GitHub.
(2022-05-05, 7:15)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem here Sad

I can't reproduce the problem either. Willy, are you using 64 bit LDView for Windows, or some other platform?
(2022-05-06, 6:27)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I can't reproduce the problem either. Willy, are you using 64 bit LDView for Windows, or some other platform?

Linux Mint 19.3

w.
LEGO ergo sum
With macOS Monterey, LDView no longer appears to generate QuickLook previews or thumbnails. I've read that Monterey changed broke some of the QL functionality, and maybe there's something I need to do on my end? Maybe I need to copy the .qlgenerator file into my system library?
(2022-11-20, 16:59)N. W. Perry Wrote: With macOS Monterey, LDView no longer appears to generate QuickLook previews or thumbnails. I've read that Monterey changed broke some of the QL functionality, and maybe there's something I need to do on my end? Maybe I need to copy the .qlgenerator file into my system library?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the problem is that macOS now refuses to use a QuickLook plugin inside an unsigned app. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to pay Apple $100 per year for the privilege of signing LDView.
(2022-11-20, 22:07)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the problem is that macOS now refuses to use a QuickLook plugin inside an unsigned app. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to pay Apple $100 per year for the privilege of signing LDView.

On that basis I tried deleting the com.apple.quarantine attribute from LDView, but that didn't fix QuickLook. Neither did moving the generator to my user library (can't move it to system library).
Is anybody else having problems getting the BFC display to work when lighting is turned off or is it just me?

Also is there a way to make it so that the Chrome browser opens LDraw DAT files with LDView by default? If so how would this be done?
(2023-02-26, 10:09)Mark Kennedy Wrote: Is anybody else having problems getting the BFC display to work when lighting is turned off or is it just me?

Also is there a way to make it so that the Chrome browser opens LDraw DAT files with LDView by default? If so how would this be done?

Because of the way it's implemented, green/red/blue BFC faces do require lighting to be enabled in order to work. I think I can update it so that this isn't the case.
(2023-02-26, 21:40)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Because of the way it's implemented, green/red/blue BFC faces do require lighting to be enabled in order to work. I think I can update it so that this isn't the case.
Thanks for considering that change.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »