Creator Expert

RE: 10283-1 - NASA Space Shuttle Discovery
(2021-04-22, 13:13)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Stickers are done. 5 patterns, 2 formed stickers, and one sticker shortcut left. Plus I'm about 75% done with the model itself.

Do you want to do the windscreen? Here's a half I did with the available pictures, feel free to adapt it to the real part?

Attached Files
.dat   76796p01s01.dat (Size: 13.8 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2021-04-22, 14:02)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Do you want to do the windscreen? Here's a half I did with the available pictures, feel free to adapt it to the real part?

I'm on a short vacation so if you want to finish that's fine.
(2021-04-22, 13:13)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Stickers are done. 5 patterns, 2 formed stickers, and one sticker shortcut left. Plus I'm about 75% done with the model itself.

3 patterns left...
Here's a HQ POV Render. This was faster than Studio (on my machine) and looks just as good IMO. The MPD is attached. NOT OMR compliant, doesn't have the bracket for displaying the Hubble in the cargo bay, and is missing 2 (not visible) patterned parts (I'm suffering from being overly perfectionist right now).

Attached Files
.mpd   10283.mpd (Size: 1.66 MB / Downloads: 38)
(2021-05-26, 2:07)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Here's a HQ POV Render. This was faster than Studio (on my machine) and looks just as good IMO. The MPD is attached. NOT OMR compliant, doesn't have the bracket for displaying the Hubble in the cargo bay, and is missing 2 (not visible) patterned parts (I'm suffering from being overly perfectionist right now).

Hi! Newbie here.

First off, I'm so grateful you made this model! You've saved me hours of frustration and modeling (especially since I've never modeled Lego!).

I searched the forums, but can't quite find the answer to my question. When I load the MPD into LDCAD, part 76798 is missing (description from Unofficial file parts section: 5 x  8 x  3.667 Curved with Two Axleholes). I tried downloading it separately and putting it in my directory, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue. How do I get that part to pop in?

I want to be able to import it into Blender or Maya so I can convert to an .obj, but I can't seem to get that dang part to load in  Confused

Any help would be super appreciated! And thank you again for all your work!
Hi Nikki,

Now that the missing pattern is uploaded to the tracker, I'll update the MPD which will, hopefully, fix your issue. I'll post again when that happens. If there are other issues after, I'll happily walk through them with you.
Here's the OMR Compliant file
TEXMAP image not embedded
Missing: Bracket for attaching the HST to the shuttle and the tubes simulating the stowed solar arrays.
Notes: As per the note above, the model is only shown with the HST deployed.

Attached Files
.mpd   10283.mpd (Size: 2.92 MB / Downloads: 13)
(2021-10-27, 19:30)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Hi Nikki,

Now that the missing pattern is uploaded to the tracker, I'll update the MPD which will, hopefully, fix your issue. I'll post again when that happens. If there are other issues after, I'll happily walk through them with you.

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

I'll be projection mapping onto my own physical set/model, but it's so much easier to map the content with a 3D model in the program first.

This "very overwhelmed and behind on everything" grad student thanks you  Heart
RE: 10281 - Bonsai
(2021-01-08, 8:22)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: ...and friction between parts...
Impressive (and beautiful) work Orion!

Well…it's not Lego exactly…but the script on this page is sort of on the right track (you have to click stuff to make things happen):
https://www.stefanobovio.it/test/03-polygons.html
[Placeholder] 10294-1 Titanic
This is a placeholder for the Titanic.

I'll start to build this weekend. If anybody owns the set I would like to create the patterns and flags as well.
Edit2: section one, two, three and four finished

/Max
RE: [Placeholder] 10294-1 Titanic
(2021-11-09, 7:51)Max Martin Richter Wrote: This is a placeholder for the Titanic.

I'll start to build this weekend. If anybody owns the set I would like to create the patterns and flags as well.

/Max

I'm also trying to build the Titanic, but as you probably have noticed, there are a lot of pieces missing. Do you know how to make these missing pieces?
(2021-11-15, 21:01)Natalie Schauw Wrote: I'm also trying to build the Titanic, but as you probably have noticed, there are a lot of pieces missing. Do you know how to make these missing pieces?

Except of the patterned parts and flags I noticed, that several click hinges ares missing. Actually I substitute them with available ones. Some of them are easy to create, some not. I'm going to create some of them parallel while modelling and some when the model is finished.
Do you own the set physically? If yes, you could provide some pictures or scans of the patterns and the flags. ;-)

/Max
(2021-11-19, 21:34)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Except of the patterned parts and flags I noticed, that several click hinges ares missing. Actually I substitute them with available ones. Some of them are easy to create, some not. I'm going to create some of them parallel while modelling and some when the model is finished.
Do you own the set physically? If yes, you could provide some pictures or scans of the patterns and the flags. ;-)

/Max

Unfortunately I do not own the set physically :-(
(2021-11-09, 7:51)Max Martin Richter Wrote: This is a placeholder for the Titanic.

Edit2: section one, two, three and four finished

/Max

I finished to build the OMR compliant 10294 Titanic this weekend:

https://bricksafe.com/files/jb70/10294-p...itanic.mpd
  • includes all new unofficial parts
  • except of the 3 flags (I don't know how to create them for parts tracker, are there any examples so far?)

[Image: 10294%20-%20Titanic.png]
10298 - Vespa 125
[Image: 10298.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: No stickers.
Done with LDCad 1.7a1
[Image: 10298_2.jpg]
RE: 10298 - Vespa 125
Heart 

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: Creator Expert
10293 - Santa's visit
Theme: Creator Expert
Subtheme: Winter Village
Year: 2021

[Image: 10293_santa_s_visit.png]

10293 Santa's visit.mpd

Errors
Stickers missing
Missing decorated parts replaced by similar ones

Not OMR compliant
35701 hair is now on PT!
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c.../35701.dat
(2022-11-28, 12:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: 35701 hair is now on PT!
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c.../35701.dat

Thank you!
Post updated.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »