Solved Disallow !KEYWORDS in subparts

Disallow !KEYWORDS in subparts
We disallow !KEYWORDS meta-statement in subparts, on the understanding that this language feature is provided to help LDraw users (of tools that implement it) to find 'parts' in the library. An LDraw user should not generally be interested in subparts.

The header checker used to verify files when building a Parts Update detects subparts containing !KEYWORDS and these are removed from the headers prior to release. There were a few instances of this error in unofficial files submitted prior to that header checker being implemented in the Parts Tracker submit script, which have now been corrected.

The documentation here, only talks about the meta-statement being used in parts, but does not explicitly state that it should not be used in subparts. The only sentence that comes close is in the Scope section:
Quote:The !KEYWORDS meta-statement may appear in models but it is not used in primitives.

Can we please extend that sentence with ', or subparts', and clarify this restriction in the Official Library Header Specification.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
RE: Disallow !KEYWORDS in subparts
I don't think this clarification needs a full LSB vote (you're not materially changing anything) so I'll make the change.
(2020-08-25, 12:36)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I don't think this clarification needs a full LSB vote (you're not materially changing anything) so I'll make the change.

Thanks. Any idea when?
(2020-08-27, 11:08)Chris Dee Wrote: Thanks. Any idea when?

Done. (I meant to do this yesterday but forgot I had to teach a class)
(2020-08-27, 15:48)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Done. (I meant to do this yesterday but forgot I had to teach a class)

Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »