MPDCenter

RE: MPDCenter
(2020-02-11, 2:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You do know that the LDraw.org CA is one of the Creative Commons licenses right? I would hope so since it's one of the things you agree to when you join the forums.

I did not realize that. (I joined so long ago.) Normally I prefer a SA (share-alike) version of the CC license or even NC (non-commercial).
(2020-02-11, 2:35)Michael Horvath Wrote: I did not realize that. (I joined so long ago.) Normally I prefer a SA (share-alike) version of the CC license or even NC (non-commercial).
you only agree to the CC license for stuff you post (donate) to the omr/part tracker site, you can use any license you want for your own stuff.
(2020-02-11, 21:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: you only agree to the CC license for stuff you post (donate) to the omr/part tracker site, you can use any license you want for your own stuff.

Unfortunately, with MPDCenter I am stuck with two license types with no way AFAIK of adding new ones.
(2020-02-12, 22:10)Michael Horvath Wrote: Unfortunately, with MPDCenter I am stuck with two license types with no way AFAIK of adding new ones.

You can directly edit the file. It’s fairly easy to run a find and replace on the !LICENSE meta.
(2020-02-12, 23:06)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You can directly edit the file. It’s fairly easy to run a find and replace on the !LICENSE meta.

I'm worried (but can't confirm) that MPDCenter might override my edits if I continue to process the models further.
(2020-02-12, 23:45)Michael Horvath Wrote: I'm worried (but can't confirm) that MPDCenter might override my edits if I continue to process the models further.

Just do it last then.
(2020-02-12, 23:52)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Just do it last then.

I also have loose CA parts in the same folder which should *not* be changed. I'm not directing these questions at you but at Michael. You're not really helping.
(2020-02-16, 19:11)Michael Horvath Wrote: I also have loose CA parts in the same folder which should *not* be changed. I'm not directing these questions at you but at Michael. You're not really helping.

You necro'd an old, unrelated thread to ask a question. I'm trying to help you out. Instead you're being rudely dismissive. If you want to write to Michael directly, that's what PMs are for. In the future try those or start your own, single topic thread.
(2020-02-16, 20:28)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You necro'd an old, unrelated thread to ask a question. I'm trying to help you out. Instead you're being rudely dismissive. If you want to write to Michael directly, that's what PMs are for. In the future try those or start your own, single topic thread.

The last post is less than a year old. How is this a necro? And I asked three general questions about the piece of software this thread concerns. You're the one being "dismissive".
(2020-02-11, 1:31)Michael Horvath Wrote: When I generate an MPD I get asked the question: "Shall we use the file name: '' as the description?" The problem is that I have 16.5k files, and it asks me for each one AFAIK. Can I disable this dialog? Otherwise I have to use Task Manager to kill the process.

Also, what is the difference between pressing "Yes", "No" and "Cancel" in this dialog?

Lastly, how do I specify a different license such as Creative Commons?

Thanks.
Hi Michael,
If you have such questions, please send a PM as I am not very often in the forum these days.

Here my anser to your last question:
"Lastly, how do I specify a different license such as Creative Commons?"

MPDCenter reads a file named LDraw_licenses.txt that is in the LDraw base folder.

If this file is not found the two entries as follows are created:
Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt
Not redistributable : see NonCAreadme.txt

I did not test this, but if you add further lines you should be able to use that lines in your project.

Please let me know if this works for you.

cu
Mike
(2020-04-09, 10:38)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Hi Michael,
If you have such questions, please send a PM as I am not very often in the forum these days.

Here my anser to your last question:
"Lastly, how do I specify a different license such as Creative Commons?"

MPDCenter reads a file named LDraw_licenses.txt that is in the LDraw base folder.

If this file is not found the two entries as follows are created:
Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt
Not redistributable : see NonCAreadme.txt

I did not test this, but if you add further lines you should be able to use that lines in your project.

Please let me know if this works for you.

cu
Mike
I just checked the above and it is like I described.
You can set this new license in the preferences (Option - User Preference).

Later on if you use the Edit - Header Dialog, you can change the license. If a license is found in the file that is different from the license defined in the LDraw_licenses.txt the license text is not show, but kept if you do not change it. Please just do a test on a test file.

cu
Mike
(2020-02-11, 1:31)Michael Horvath Wrote: When I generate an MPD I get asked the question: "Shall we use the file name: '' as the description?" The problem is that I have 16.5k files, and it asks me for each one AFAIK. Can I disable this dialog? Otherwise I have to use Task Manager to kill the process.

Also, what is the difference between pressing "Yes", "No" and "Cancel" in this dialog?

Lastly, how do I specify a different license such as Creative Commons?

Thanks.
It will always be good to mention the version number of an application that you use and you have questions about.:-)

But I think this time I know what you are talking about.

The difference between yes and no is described in the message! I do not know what I can write to make it more clear.
As far as I remember I added the cancel button just for you, just for this problem. So if you hit cancel it shall work like you expect. I know this is not a good implementation but I wanted to help you quickly.

Please work on a testfile to verify that I have talk the right thing.

cu
Mike
(2020-02-11, 1:06)Michael Horvath Wrote: On Windows 10 I have the desktop DPI setting set to 125%. This results in certain dialogs being cut off. Please see the missing buttons and menus in the attached screenshot. Thanks!
I just tried to see the same problem here, but without success. If I adjust the system to 125% or even 150% I can see the whole dialog box with all elements. Huh

cu
Mike
I had MPDCenter lockup on me and now when i load any file I get the following error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The file exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
  at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
  at XMPD.cls_LDraw_DATFile2.BuildTextFile(Boolean boolCondensed, Int32 intNachkomma, Int32 intMatrixNachkomma, Boolean WithoutComments, ToolStripProgressBar& ToolProgressbar)
  at XMPD.cls_LDraw_MPD2.BuildTextFile(Boolean boolCondensed, Int32 intNachkomma, Int32 intMatrixNachkomma, Boolean WithoutComments, ToolStripProgressBar& ToolProgressbar)
  at XMPD.cls_LDraw_MPD2.Load(String strFileName, String strContent, cls_LDraw_Partslst partslist)
  at MPDCenter.modMPDCenter.LoadOpenFile(String strFile)
  at MPDCenter.frmMain.OpenToolStripMenuItem_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MPDCenter
    Assembly Version: 2.5.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.5.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/LDraw/MPDCenter/MPDCenter.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
XMPD
    Assembly Version: 2.6.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/LDraw/MPDCenter/XMPD.DLL
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

From what I can tell MPDC opens a temp file to process the file and that file was not removed when it locked up on me.

what could the name of this file be? 

are you using a staic file name?
(2020-10-27, 1:06)Ed Burke Wrote: I had MPDCenter lockup on me and now when i load any file I get the following error.

at XMPD.cls_LDraw_DATFile2.BuildTextFile(Boolean boolCondensed, Int32 intNachkomma, Int32 intMatrixNachkomma, Boolean WithoutComments, ToolStripProgressBar& ToolProgressbar)
  at XMPD.cls_LDraw_MPD2.BuildTextFile(Boolean boolCondensed, Int32 intNachkomma, Int32 intMatrixNachkomma, Boolean WithoutComments, ToolStripProgressBar& ToolProgressbar)
  at XMPD.cls_LDraw_MPD2.Load(String strFileName, String strContent, cls_LDraw_Partslst partslist)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
MPDCenter
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
XMPD
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

From what I can tell MPDC opens a temp file to process the file and that file was not removed when it locked up on me.

No, I do not use a static filename as you can see her (GetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)). The name is given from the system.
But maybe you did not have enough space for the file (String maybeFullPath)?
I have never got such an error and therefore unable to tell you what to do. I am really sorry about this.

After some research I found this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1835...tempfilena
So it seems to be solved by deleting some files in your tmp folder.
Please keep me updated.
Thanks
(2020-10-27, 19:29)Michael Heidemann Wrote: No, I do not use a static filename as you can see her (GetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)). The name is given from the system.
But maybe you did not have enough space for the file (String maybeFullPath)?
I have never got such an error and therefore unable to tell you what to do. I am really sorry about this.

After some research I found this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1835...tempfilena
So it seems to be solved by deleting some files in your tmp folder.
Please keep me updated.
Thanks

GOOD GOD!!!!! 65685 temp files.

That fixed it!!!!!

I will have a big drop in my geek cred after this. 

I should have looked on stack overflow. 

Have never worked with C# so did not know what the function did. But I should have checked it out.

I was looking in the wrong directory (c:\windows\temp)

Thanks for the help and all you do for this community 
Ed
(2020-10-27, 1:06)Ed Burke Wrote: I had MPDCenter lockup on me and now when i load any file I get the following error.

mscorlib
MPDCenter
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System.Windows.Forms
System
System.Drawing
System.Configuration
System.Core
System.Xml
Accessibility
System.Runtime.Remoting
XMPD
System.Web

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Do I need the source code to enable JIT debugging? The program is hanging when I use it and there is no message at all.
Can I download old versions of MPDCenter from somewhere? The current version is hanging but the older version worked. Thanks.
(2021-04-23, 1:51)Michael Horvath Wrote: Can I download old versions of MPDCenter from somewhere? The current version is hanging but the older version worked. Thanks.

Hi
I can provide you 2.5.0.0
Sent me a PM with your Email Adress.

Regards Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2021-04-23, 1:51)Michael Horvath Wrote: Can I download old versions of MPDCenter from somewhere? The current version is hanging but the older version worked. Thanks.

Is the 'error' that you reported yesterday in your PM to me your 'hanging'? Or is this something different?
(2021-04-23, 1:47)Michael Horvath Wrote: Do I need the source code to enable JIT debugging? The program is hanging when I use it and there is no message at all.

Please let me know exactly what you are doing before the hanging occur. The more exact you tell me (also please upload the files used) the better can be my help.
(2021-04-24, 18:48)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Is the 'error' that you reported yesterday in your PM to me your 'hanging'? Or is this something different?

It is the same error. I could not locate an earlier version for download.
(2021-04-24, 18:49)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Please let me know exactly what you are doing before the hanging occur. The more exact you tell me (also please upload the files used) the better can be my help.

The program was not actually hanging. If I waited long enough (over 1 hour for my large model) the program would eventually finish what it was doing. But Windows reported the program as "Not Responding" and there was no other indication it had not crashed/hung.

Further, even when the program is finished processing a model, the "Checking references. Please wait..." message never goes away and the yellow icon keeps spinning. This is very confusing.
(2021-04-24, 22:52)Michael Horvath Wrote: The program was not actually hanging. If I waited long enough (over 1 hour for my large model) the program would eventually finish what it was doing. But Windows reported the program as "Not Responding" and there was no other indication it had not crashed/hung.

Further, even when the program is finished processing a model, the "Checking references. Please wait..." message never goes away and the yellow icon keeps spinning. This is very confusing.
I imagine that you are "Importing unofficial files" and during that the decribed difficulties occur? I am right?

I have already implemented the "use the answer for all files". While doing this I encountered again the problem of too many files in the temp folder. This issue shall now also be solved. Now I try to understand why you thought the programm hang.

I'll keep you informed.
(2021-04-24, 22:50)Michael Horvath Wrote: It is the same error. I could not locate an earlier version for download.

Earier versions does not make sense. In every version there are bug fixes and new functions. I do not keep the old versions because this will only make thinks more difficult.
We should focus on making the current version working as the best experience for you.
(2021-04-24, 22:52)Michael Horvath Wrote: The program was not actually hanging. If I waited long enough (over 1 hour for my large model) the program would eventually finish what it was doing. But Windows reported the program as "Not Responding" and there was no other indication it had not crashed/hung.

I think you used a lot of submodels and maybe Many flex parts. 
And the option "detailed report" is enabeld.
(2021-04-25, 11:22)Johann Eisner Wrote: I think you used a lot of submodels and maybe Many flex parts. 
And the option "detailed report" is enabeld.

Thank you Johann for your comment.
Yes, I believe that the checks on the option page are checked.
But for the use of such big projects I would recomment not to use them.
For Datsville I would only import unofficial files.
Nothing more.
(2021-04-25, 20:18)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Thank you Johann for your comment.
Yes, I believe that the checks on the option page are checked.
But for the use of such big projects I would recomment not to use them.
For Datsville I would only import unofficial files.
Nothing more.
Hi Michael
I know the problem when I check files for the OMR (everything is switched on) and then check a MOC file and forget to switch it off.  It seems to me that flexible parts (which consist of many individual segments) "overwhelm" the program, since it checks every single line.  The program could possibly ignore flexible parts in the future.
(2021-04-25, 11:00)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Earier versions does not make sense. In every version there are bug fixes and new functions. I do not keep the old versions because this will only make thinks more difficult.
We should focus on making the current version working as the best experience for you.

Sometimes I am in a hurry and it is faster to uninstall the current version and reinstall the old version than to wait for the next bug fix.
(2021-04-28, 13:07)Michael Horvath Wrote: Sometimes I am in a hurry and it is faster to uninstall the current version and reinstall the old version than to wait for bug fixes.

Hmm,
it seems that you need to find a IT specialist that meet your requirements.
I am out now on this topic.
(2021-04-28, 18:07)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Hmm,
it seems that you need to find a IT specialist that meet your requirements.
I am out now on this topic.

I'm sorry, but making old versions available to users who need them is standard *best practice* with everyone else. Unless you are Apple or Microsoft who don't do this. But you most likely already have a disclaimer (there is one in the GPL I think) that protects you from culpability if there is an issue in most cases.
(2021-04-30, 3:52)Michael Horvath Wrote: I'm sorry, but making old versions available to users who need them is standard *best practice* with everyone else. Unless you are Apple or Microsoft who don't do this. But you most likely already have a disclaimer (there is one in the GPL I think) that protects you from culpability if there is an issue in most cases.

I would say it's your own fault and just say: data backup When I test a new version of a program, I always save the last one.
(2021-04-30, 3:52)Michael Horvath Wrote: I'm sorry, but making old versions available to users who need them is standard *best practice* with everyone else. Unless you are Apple or Microsoft who don't do this. But you most likely already have a disclaimer (there is one in the GPL I think) that protects you from culpability if there is an issue in most cases.

You're getting a useful tool for free from somebody who does this for fun on their spare time. You don't get to dictate anything to him about how he decides to distribute (or not) his work. If you don't like it, write a replacement yourself.
(2021-04-30, 5:45)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You're getting a useful tool for free from somebody who does this for fun on their spare time. You don't get to dictate anything to him about how he decides to distribute (or not) his work. If you don't like it, write a replacement yourself.

Thumb up
(2021-04-30, 4:29)Johann Eisner Wrote: I would say it's your own fault and just say: data backup When I test a new version of a program, I always save the last one.

Thumb up
(2021-04-26, 5:03)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi Michael
I know the problem when I check files for the OMR (everything is switched on) and then check a MOC file and forget to switch it off.  It seems to me that flexible parts (which consist of many individual segments) "overwhelm" the program, since it checks every single line.  The program could possibly ignore flexible parts in the future.

Because i am not that much involved in the flexible parts, can you please let me know the tags that are interesting to ignore? Also please let me have a sample file that takes the most time.
With that on hand I will then try to see how I can implement and how it affects speed.
(2021-04-30, 16:11)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Because i am not that much involved in the flexible parts, can you please let me know the tags that are interesting to ignore? Also please let me have a sample file that takes the most time.
With that on hand I will then try to see how I can implement and how it affects speed.

It's not so much tags as model size that bogs down the program. A good choice would be a models that make heavy use of LDCad generated HQ flexible parts. Try: http://omr.ldraw.org/files/1098
(2021-04-30, 16:16)Orion Pobursky Wrote: It's not so much tags as model size that bogs down the program. A good choice would be a models that make heavy use of LDCad generated HQ flexible parts. Try: http://omr.ldraw.org/files/1098

Thanks for stepping in here Smile
I will have a look.
(2021-04-30, 17:08)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Thanks for stepping in here Smile
I will have a look.

Check for: 8448-1 - Super Street Sensation.mpd
True - Mirrored parts free.
False - All files have correct header lines sequenze.
True - All files have a LDRAW_ORG line.
True - All files have correct License.
True - All Name entries are like filename.
True - Is MPD filename OMR conform.
False - All filenames in the MPD are OMR conform.
False - Unresolved references free.

Seems that it is not complete OMR conform according the current implementation in MPDCenter.

But back to the question - As there is no good indication which lines needs to be skipped, I am afraid to be not able to help for a quicker check of these files. Maybe a supercomputer will help. Cool
(2020-02-12, 22:10)Michael Horvath Wrote: Unfortunately, with MPDCenter I am stuck with two license types with no way AFAIK of adding new ones.

Is this question still open or did you find a solution for you outside MPDCenter?
Sorry that i did not see this thread earlier. A PM will work better  Smile !
(2021-04-30, 17:33)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Is this question still open or did you find a solution for you outside MPDCenter?
Sorry that i did not see this thread earlier. A PM will work better  Smile !

Does not matter if it is necessary for you or not. This feature is in MPDCenter since the beginning.
Menu - Option - Edit License file
This will open your editor with the file 'LDraw_licenses.txt' and each line in that file will be presented as a option in MPDCenter.
I hope this helps.
(2021-04-30, 17:26)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Check for: 8448-1 - Super Street Sensation.mpd
True - Mirrored parts free.
False - All files have correct header lines sequenze.
True - All files have a LDRAW_ORG line.
True - All files have correct License.
True - All Name entries are like filename.
True - Is MPD filename OMR conform.
False - All filenames in the MPD are OMR conform.
False - Unresolved references free.

Seems that it is not complete OMR conform according the current implementation in MPDCenter.

But back to the question - As there is no good indication which lines needs to be skipped, I am afraid to be not able to help for a quicker check of these files. Maybe a supercomputer will help. Cool

How many lines are in the file?

[ed]

I checked and it's roughly ~180k lines. That's a lot for one small model.
(2021-04-30, 16:06)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Thumb up

Sorry again. The program was in fact working. I just needed to wait longer.
(2021-04-30, 17:26)Michael Heidemann Wrote: ....

Hi Michael

I think the model is OMR compliant, otherwise I would not have uploaded it.
In my opinion, the problem is that the file is called "8448-1 - Super Street Sensation" after the download.
When I uploaded the file it was called "8448 - Super Street Sensation", so all sub-models have the name "8448 - xxxx".
If the file with the name "8448-1" is checked, the sub-models have a different name and the file is no longer compliant.

Regards Johann
(2021-05-07, 20:56)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi Michael

I think the model is OMR compliant, otherwise I would not have uploaded it.
In my opinion, the problem is that the file is called "8448-1 - Super Street Sensation" after the download.
When I uploaded the file it was called "8448 - Super Street Sensation", so all sub-models have the name "8448 - xxxx".
If the file with the name "8448-1" is checked, the sub-models have a different name and the file is no longer compliant.

Regards Johann

The question with the "-1" is interesting and worth to seach for explanations.
I'll keep you updated.
(2021-06-04, 10:01)Michael Heidemann Wrote: The question with the "-1" is interesting and worth to seach for explanations.
I'll keep you updated.

In the official rules the following is written:
-<Qualifier Number>: Is a sequential number, starting with 1. The qualifier of "-1" is optional and gets added only if there is more than one set that could be assigned the same <Set Number>. The first set using a given number would be understood to never contain the qualifier however numbering should start with the oldest set and some investigation should be done in existing set databases. All subsequent numbers are required.

Example:
6901 - Mobile Lab.mpd (Produced in 1980)
6901-2 - Space Plane.mpd (Produced in 1998)

So I guess the model is the first with that number and the omitted -1 is just added for whatever reason. In my opinion the above is not clear. The current use is: if there is another set with the same name add the -1. When shall we add that? We do not know when the next set with the same name will be released.
Dear LSC, please make this more clear!
(2021-06-04, 10:11)Michael Heidemann Wrote: In the official rules the following is written:
-<Qualifier Number>: Is a sequential number, starting with 1. The qualifier of "-1" is optional and gets added only if there is more than one set that could be assigned the same <Set Number>. The first set using a given number would be understood to never contain the qualifier however numbering should start with the oldest set and some investigation should be done in existing set databases. All subsequent numbers are required.

Example:
6901 - Mobile Lab.mpd (Produced in 1980)
6901-2 - Space Plane.mpd (Produced in 1998)

So I guess the model is the first with that number and the omitted -1 is just added for whatever reason. In my opinion the above is not clear. The current use is: if there is another set with the same name add the -1. When shall we add that? We do not know when the next set with the same name will be released.
Dear LSC, please make this more clear!

There was considerable discussion of that here, for what it's worth.
(2021-06-04, 12:13)N. W. Perry Wrote: There was considerable discussion of that here, for what it's worth.

Thanks for pointing me to that discussion. Sadly the "guideline" has not been updated to stop confusion.
(2021-06-05, 5:26)Michael Heidemann Wrote: Thanks for pointing me to that discussion. Sadly the "guideline" has not been updated to stop confusion.

No. Because I got busy and forgot.

Also, does MPDCenter support the new DATA tag? If not, can you add that functionality?
(2021-06-05, 13:14)Orion Pobursky Wrote: No. Because I got busy and forgot.

Also, does MPDCenter support the new DATA tag? If not, can you add that functionality?

Are you the only in the LSC?

I have not read about the DATA tag. I will have a look at this now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »