[LDPartEditor] 0.8.49b Beta Released (hotfix for 0.8.49 / open-file-dialog)

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.49b Beta Released (hotfix for 0.8.49 / open-file-dialog)
Hey,

this is a critical hotfix release for yesterday's release of version 0.8.49. It was not possible to open a *.dat file with the open file dialog.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(1 bug fix)

The following critical issue is fixed:

1. It was not possible to open a part file via the 'Open Part File' buttons : A "\" character was missing between the folder name and the file name.

What will the next release 0.8.50 deliver? clever auto-completion / context menu for the text editor / usability.

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.49b Beta Released (hotfix for 0.8.49 / open-file-dialog)
Maybe it's just here, but it seems that keyboard shortcut customizations are not saved between sessions (older customizations I made load fine, just new ones are not remembered).
(2019-10-10, 7:03)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Maybe it's just here, but it seems that keyboard shortcut customizations are not saved between sessions (older customizations I made load fine, just new ones are not remembered).

I will look into it tomorrow evening. It could be related to the new keyboard shortcut which resets the manipulator...
(2019-10-10, 19:22)Nils Schmidt Wrote: I will look into it tomorrow evening. It could be related to the new keyboard shortcut which resets the manipulator...
It is, at least on my side: I noticed when I wanted to change shortcut from R to Z (R for me is rotate...) Wink
For some reason, I can't seen to get past the welcome dialog on this—the OK button is greyed out, even after I've filled out all the fields and it says "Setup complete, press OK". (I tried reverting to 0.8.48, but the same issue was present.)

Is there a way to manually create the config file, perhaps, so I can at least get started working with the program?

EDIT: I got around this by going back as far as version 0.8.45, but then the program crashed on opening (see attached error log). I am just not having any luck getting this to work!  Huh

Attached Files
.txt   error_log.txt (Size: 17.17 KB / Downloads: 0)
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.49b Beta: Fine grid scale setting not saved
Hi Nils,
Not a new one but today it bugged me enough to report Wink
The scale snap setting of fine grid is extremely volatile. Not only it is not saved between sessions, but it returns to its defauld value (2.0) when I press esc key to unselect.
Fine grid scale setting not saved
(2020-03-10, 8:42)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Hi Nils,
Not a new one but today it bugged me enough to report Wink
The scale snap setting of fine grid is extremely volatile. Not only it is not saved between sessions, but it returns to its defauld value (2.0) when I press esc key to unselect.

Thanks Philo. I was able to find the root cause and created an issue (#740) for the next release. This is trivial to solve!
Bug of the day:

Sometimes on my Linux Mint 19.3 some of my settings are NOT saved such as:

View Actions -> Stud Logo
View Actions -> Grid
Tools -> Options -> Customize Shortkeys -> Invert Wheel Zoom Direction

I however cannot tell when or why this is happening. Ther is no regular pattern. Could it be that it is related to hybernation?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Any Hi-Res primitive generated by Primgen2 in LDPE is saved without the "48/"-prefix that must be in a hi-res prim Name line.
(2020-05-15, 16:09)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Any Hi-Res primitive generated by Primgen2 in LDPE is saved without the "48/"-prefix that must be in a hi-res prim Name line.

When I save the prims in any p\48 directory, the prefix is added. If I save it somewhere else, not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »