LDraw core met in LEGO headquarter/Billund

LDraw core met in LEGO headquarter/Billund
Ten members of the LDraw core met at the LEGO headquarter in Billund from Wednesday 22.05. to Sunday 26.05.2019. This was the first time that people building together the LDraw Parts Library online – some for almost 20 years - met in real life.

Beside visiting the LEGO Idea House, the Kornmarken Factory and the new LEGO House opened in September 2017 they also had a meeting with people from the LDD team and other compartments of the company. A request for a dedicated information channel when it comes down to part numbers, meshes or colours was forwarded.

The attendees dedicated an entire day to discuss the future of LDraw, sort out some long outstanding issues such as missing colours, "What requires a HOLD vote on the Parts Tracker" or what is missing at the website. The outcome has or will be posted in the forums in the upcoming days.

The following members attended the visit (in alphabetical order):

Magnus Forsberg
Phillippe “Philo” Hurbain
Gerald Lasser
Steffen Lohse
Santeri Piippo
Orion Pobursky
Max Martin Richter
Nils Schmidt
Willy Tschager
Jaco van der Molen

Unfortunately the following members couldn’t attend:

Travis Cobbs
Chris Dee
Johann Eisner
Michael Heidemann
Roland Melkert
JC Tchang

On a personal note I’d like to add that I had much fun and one of the best days of my life :-)

Willy Tschager
on behalf of the attendees at the meeting
RE: LDraw core met in LEGO headquarter/Billund
(2019-05-27, 7:36)Willy Tschager Wrote: Ten members of the LDraw core ......

I am still sad not to have been there. Sad
If nothing goes right, go left.
Could we have a report at what has been discussed?
(2019-05-27, 16:12)Damien Roux Wrote: Could we have a report at what has been discussed?

With LEGO or amongst ourselves? At their request, I’m drafting a formal request letter detailing our desires. I will post the final draft here. I also have some notes from our group sessions that I can post here as well.
Of all the places to meet up, this one is probably the best! I hope you had fun.

I remember back in the early '10s where LEGO Universe was on the drawing board. LEGO and the LDraw community seemed to work really well together with LDD<->LDraw conversions, etc. I hope this will result in a similar, or perhaps even better collaboration.
(2019-05-27, 17:26)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: Of all the places to meet up, this one is probably the best! I hope you had fun.

I remember back in the early '10s where LEGO Universe was on the drawing board. LEGO and the LDraw community seemed to work really well together with LDD<->LDraw conversions, etc. I hope this will result in a similar, or perhaps even better collaboration.

Yah. They seemed very receptive with sharing as long as we ask the right question. This is what the letter we’re drafting is for.
No updates?
(2019-06-04, 2:11)Victor Di Rienzo Wrote: No updates?

Yes but I’ve been somewhat ill (as I sometime get when I travel by air) and also preoccupied with other important life things, I’ve been unable to sit down and formally type up anything. I’ve had a few hours here and there but not really much time otherwise. Stay tuned. I will make a post soon.
(2019-06-04, 3:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Yes but I’ve been somewhat ill (as I sometime get when I travel by air) and also preoccupied with other important life things, I’ve been unable to sit down and formally type up anything. I’ve had a few hours here and there but not really much time otherwise. Stay tuned. I will make a post soon.

Can I help, Orion?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »