Help with texture mapped parts

Help with texture mapped parts
Hi all,

Can someone please help me to create the basics for 2 texture mapped parts?
I am still a bit unsure how to do that with irregular shapes.

I need to texture map these parts, both white.

Tile, Modified 2 x 3 Pentagonal / FLAT TILE 2X3 W/ ANGLE
[Image: 6245249]
What part number for this is best to use? 22385, 35341 or 35339?
The print is only on the square part (not in the point)

And part 13459:
LegoRoad Sign Round on Pole / ROUND SIGN 1X5X3

[Image: 6033016]

The sign: one on one side and one both sides :-)
Pattern print on the round piece of course.

Do the PNG files need to be rectangularly shaped with white or transparent background?

Help is much appreciated.

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Help with texture mapped parts
A few examples attached...
(2019-01-30, 10:05)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: And part 13459:
This one is not subparted (it's clearly made for stickers), so I had to subpart it...
Quote:The sign: one on one side and one both sides :-)
Made only a double sided one. For a single sided, remove the texmap stuff of one section, leave only the content of fallback.
Quote:Do the PNG files need to be rectangularly shaped with white or transparent background?
Doesn't matter if it is outside the surface onto which it is applied. Note that I left a transparent window in the image to let the color of the part see through.

Attached Files
.zip   texmap.zip (Size: 74.52 KB / Downloads: 5)
(2019-01-30, 14:08)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: A few examples attached...
(2019-01-30, 10:05)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: And part 13459:
This one is not subparted (it's clearly made for stickers), so I had to subpart it...
Quote:The sign: one on one side and one both sides :-)
Made only a double sided one. For a single sided, remove the texmap stuff of one section, leave only the content of fallback.
Quote:Do the PNG files need to be rectangularly shaped with white or transparent background?
Doesn't matter if it is outside the surface onto which it is applied. Note that I left a transparent window in the image to let the color of the part see through.

Ah, OK, I see. Many thanks.
I will study these parts.

As for the part number of the nexo shield tile part and its aliases: does it really matter what part I use?
I think this probably has something to do with solid plastic and color and transparent ones?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2019-01-30, 14:38)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: As for the part number of the nexo shield tile part and its aliases: does it really matter what part I use?
I think this probably has something to do with solid plastic and color and transparent ones?
As seen on brickset, 35339 is the trans clear version. Dunno the difference (if any) between 22385 and 35341. Anyway, only 22385 exist as LDraw part...
(2019-01-30, 14:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 14:38)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: As for the part number of the nexo shield tile part and its aliases: does it really matter what part I use?
As seen on brickset, 35339 is the trans clear version. Dunno the difference (if any) between 22385 and 35341. Anyway, only 22385 exist as LDraw part...

Hi
If you use the 22385 part, then the numbering according to standard for printed parts.
Only the Nexo Knight Power shields use 3 digits.

https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22777-po...l#pid28429

Regards Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-01-30, 17:07)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 14:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: As seen on brickset, 35339 is the trans clear version. Dunno the difference (if any) between 22385 and 35341. Anyway, only 22385 exist as LDraw part...

Hi
If you use the 22385 part, then the numbering according to standard for printed parts.
Only the Nexo Knight Power shields use 3 digits.

https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22777-po...l#pid28429

Regards Johann

Thanks for pointing that out.
But since my part is custom and won't need to become official or submitted to the PT, I'll stick with 22385 ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »