LDraw.org 2018-02 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2018-02 Parts Update Now Available
The 2018-02 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 1019 new files to the core library, including 540 new parts and 21 new primitives.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit.

You can preview the new parts in 2018-02 here, download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
RE: LDraw.org 2018-02 Parts Update Now Available
Thanks Chris !
Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this release.
Thanks Chris,
it's a bit like pre dated Christmas present, isn't it?

You did a great job again!
(2018-12-08, 19:52)Chris Dee Wrote: The 2018-02 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 1019 new files to the core library, including 540 new parts and 21 new primitives.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit.

You can preview the new parts in 2018-02 here, download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

Thumps up and many thanks Chris
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2018-12-08, 19:52)Chris Dee Wrote: The 2018-02 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 1019 new files to the core library, including 540 new parts and 21 new primitives.

Thanks all,

I noticed the new complete.zip hasn't got textures in it.

Not really strange but the current ldrawunf.zip doesn't have any textures ether.

This while the one I downloaded a week ago had some in parts/textures.

Just wondering.
Thank you to everyone.

One minor suggestion which you might want to contemplate. When I ran the Windows installer (LDraw1802.exe), it suggest a installation directory for the parts as  "C:\Users\***\Downloads\ldraw\%CommonDocumentsFolder%\LDraw" (where *** is my Windows user directory) when it perhaps should be either "%CommonDocumentsFolder%\LDraw" or "%LDRAWDIR%".

David
(2018-12-08, 21:45)Roland Melkert Wrote:

Thanks all,

I noticed the new complete.zip hasn't got textures in it.

Not really strange but the current ldrawunf.zip doesn't have any textures ether.

This while the one I downloaded a week ago had some in parts/textures.

Just wondering.

Texture files need to go through the same certification process as other files, and as none are currently certified, none were included in the update (not withstanding the statement that I made here that the parts update process has not yet been updated to support them). The three files in the official library that define TEXMAP files, but were released prior to Parts Tracker support being added (19201p01, 19204p01 and 3960p0b) still don't have their texture files.

I have fixed a problem with ldrawunf.zip and the unofficial texture files are now included. Texture files were being added to this archive one-by-one as they were submitted, but the complete regeneration of this file after the parts update excluded them. That's now been fixed.
(2018-12-08, 21:46)David Manley Wrote: Thank you to everyone.

One minor suggestion which you might want to contemplate. When I ran the Windows installer (LDraw1802.exe), it suggest a installation directory for the parts as  "C:\Users\***\Downloads\ldraw\%CommonDocumentsFolder%\LDraw" (where *** is my Windows user directory) when it perhaps should be either "%CommonDocumentsFolder%\LDraw" or "%LDRAWDIR%".

David

The default directory setting in the installation builder I use (InnoSetup) is set to "%CommonDocumentsFolder%\LDraw". Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks, Chris ....

for all your hard work....

..naturally to all the other part authors.

... and special to Magnus ..... who made reviews like a "workhorse" .... and still took the time to patiently give his advice ..... but also at Phillip and Willi ..

All of them have some good explanations to thank...

...and "last but not least" .... the software makers ... who have made all the basics easier for us.

What a great international team ... "Chapeau !!"

...it´s a pleasure to be part of it!
Thanks to all contributors! :)
Great! Thasks to everybody contributing to this pack!
Thanks for all your efforts!

w.
LEGO ergo sum

Great work for everyone involved. That was a huge amount of work!

I have run through the files by uploading them to BrickHub in order to find bugs. It was a huge success because I found a UTF-8 error while uploading p/4162d01.dat

[Image: e06sjvJ.png]

The Asian letters did a number on my database, but it should work now. As you can see in the link, it both displays the file content, header and structure correctly.

Great! Thanks all.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
That was my fault
Quote:0 !HISTORY 2018-01-17 [Steffen] retitled
Smile Smile Smile

For this file, having UTF8 available, it made no sense for me to title it using an English transliteration ("Shinkai")
when the original Japanese characters were properly available. LEGO is international.
The transliteration instead went into the keywords.
I especially did so because also the original LEGO set is titled Japanese:
https://www.amazon.com/21100-Shinkai-Sub...B004GXBUBA

Here is the Japanese Wikipedia article about the boat:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%97%...%81%846500

This file is a good test for if your software truly works correctly with UTF8 Wink Wink
(2018-12-19, 19:48)Steffen Wrote: That was my fault
Quote:0 !HISTORY 2018-01-17 [Steffen] retitled
Smile Smile Smile
I was testing this with LDCad and at first could only find the English named ones, until I realized those where the sticker parts (I have shortcuts disabled) Smile

Anyway I assume stickers and shortcuts should have similar naming?
treating UTF-8 correctly
for everybody aiming to treat UTF-8 correctly:

make sure that your code correctly operates on the

Big List of Naughty Strings
https://github.com/minimaxir/big-list-of...r/blns.txt

, which for example contains the 2 letters "Ⱥ" and "Ⱦ", which INCREASE in size from 2 to 3 bytes when lowercased...:
https://twitter.com/mikko/status/1059521508765298691
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »