Login wierdness

Login wierdness
As an FYI, for the last 24 hours I have been unable to login. Despite my user id and password being correct, it would display a message about an authentication issue. I don't have the exact text of the error message to hand.

Over the space of about 12 hours, I tried 3 or 4 times to use the "Forgot password" link. Although I followed the steps that were indicated, the (temporary) new password which was assigned failed to log me in. Finally I have been able to login today with the temporary password assigned to me 19 hours ago which did not work yesterday.

Yes I have fat fingers but I do not believe that was the cause of the issue. Someone may want to check if something untoward has been happening. Needless to say, I could not login to post a message to say that I could not login!

David
RE: Login wierdness
(2018-08-31, 0:06)David Manley Wrote: As an FYI, for the last 24 hours I have been unable to login. Despite my user id and password being correct, it would display a message about an authentication issue. I don't have the exact text of the error message to hand.

Over the space of about 12 hours, I tried 3 or 4 times to use the "Forgot password" link. Although I followed the steps that were indicated, the (temporary) new password which was assigned failed to log me in. Finally I have been able to login today with the temporary password assigned to me 19 hours ago which did not work yesterday.

Yes I have fat fingers but I do not believe that was the cause of the issue. Someone may want to check if something untoward has been happening. Needless to say, I could not login to post a message to say that I could not login!

David

Sorry about that. I upgraded the forum software and there was a template issue preventing login. This is now fixed.
(2018-08-31, 0:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2018-08-31, 0:06)David Manley Wrote: As an FYI, for the last 24 hours I have been unable to login. Despite my user id and password being correct, it would display a message about an authentication issue. I don't have the exact text of the error message to hand.

David

Sorry about that. I upgraded the forum software and there was a template issue preventing login. This is now fixed.

Thank you. Glad to know my fingers were working as expected.  Wink

David
(2019-05-11, 6:56)Cook Wrote: It pops up,not able to login in my system..PS:on forgot password,i get no user registered Confused Huh

Dear user posting from India,

I'm glad you remembered your password at last and our system worked well registering you.
w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »