Tile with C-Clip - Part 15712 - Thickness

Tile with C-Clip - Part 15712 - Thickness
I just stumbled across this when working on the new bull-bar (35654)

The Tile of part 15712 is 0,5 LDU thinner than the Tile of part 12825.

Did anybody notice this yet? Could not find anything through the search.
RE: Tile with C-Clip - Part 15712 - Thickness
(2017-12-28, 22:00)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Did anybody notice this yet? Could not find anything through the search.

As being the author of 15712, no. How does it differ? I don't understand.
(2017-12-28, 22:43)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: As being the author of 15712, no. How does it differ? I don't understand.

The surface, which is currently at Y=0, is in real life at Y=0.5

I made a mock up for the part I wanted to author and built a holder with the clips from real parts. It struck me that I had quite a big gap with the real thing where there was non in the digital parts.

You barely notice it when you place them in a MOC, but using them as a 'measuring instrument' you notice the difference between the old and the new part.

My calipers tell me the old one is 3.2 mm whereas the new one is just 3 mm. I need to check more of them tomorrow.
(2017-12-28, 23:00)Gerald Lasser Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 22:43)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: As being the author of 15712, no. How does it differ? I don't understand.

The surface, which is currently at Y=0, is in real life at Y=0.5

I made a mock up for the part I wanted to author and built a holder with the clips from real parts. It struck me that I had quite a big gap with the real thing where there was non in the digital parts.

You barely notice it when you place them in a MOC, but using them as a 'measuring instrument' you notice the difference between the old and the new part.

My calipers tell me the old one is 3.2 mm whereas the new one is just 3 mm. I need to check more of them tomorrow.

I took about 10 pieces and they are all 0,2 mm thinner than the old part. Is it worth to change?
(2017-12-29, 12:56)Gerald Lasser Wrote: they are all 0,2 mm thinner than the old part. Is it worth to change?

Yes, I can confirm that measurement.

Usually we don't bother dealing with design differencies smaller that 1ldu, but in this case I think we should.
The lower top surface makes it possible to rotate anything attached to the clip a further 2.73 degrees.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »