User avatars

User avatars
Toying with allowing users to have a small avatar picture next to their name. Thoughts?
Re: User avatars
Mmh, I like this idea.
Maybe with some restrictions: Dimension not more than 60 x 60 pixels.
and it may not contain 3rd party pictures, due to the copyright.

/Max
No avatar, please! Let's keep this forum as sober as possible.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Even a small, static image that's moderated by admin? I definitely don't want large banners or anything animated but I think I'm ok with a small unique icon
Maybe use the minifig heads from the library? Or let the user state any .dat in their profile images are already there if I'm not mistaken.

This avoids the copyright issue Max mentioned (Although he might be a bit paranoid. Go to any site, avatars will be 99.99995% based upon copyrighted material one way or another).
Roland, I'm not paranoid. Nevertheless, it's my own opinion;-) But why risk something when we could avoid it?
I know it from a German bike forum, where everything will be deleted which is copied from a 3rd party (even quotes from other websites), just for this reason. Maybe the advocates in Germany aren't busy enough that they find the time for such lawsuits.

In general:
If there are users who don't want to see the avatars in this forum, why not create a "disable avatars" option for the user settings.

/Max
A agree with you, Orion, that small unique non-animated avatars make it easier to read a forum, not harder.
+1
steffen took my words.
Rempie

Lego omnia vincit (Lego conquers all), pro fide lege et Lego (For Faith, Justice, and lego)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »