Lego mindstorms EV3

Lego mindstorms EV3
Hello,
thanks a lot for the ldraw software tool: it's great.

Me and my colleaque thinking about writing a book about the new Lego mindstorms EV3 and now I am wondering how long it will take to have the new parts in ldraw? Any guesses? How long does it usually take?
Thanks, Christine
Re: Lego mindstorms EV3
I can tell you that EV3 LDraw parts will be available as soon as the EV3 is released Wink
That can take a while. One of the part authors needs to buy such a set and have to produce the parts. That is for todays parts often a difficult task. The the set you are talking about (31313 I assume) I can not find any inventory so far on the internet. So I would assume it will take some month.
But generally that is very difficult question.
Oh, you beat me in answering Smile

As I wrote my lines I thought about our NXT parts guru - You Smile
Thanks a lot for your comments, Philippe and Michael.
What I understood:I won't take months when the set is released; ) That's great. I am looking forward to it.
Christine
Michael Heidemann Wrote:I can not find any inventory so far on the internet.
No inventory yet for retail version, but one is available from LEGO Education for education version: http://aux.legoeducation.us/sharedimages...SetEV3.pdf
Christine Goutrié Wrote:What I understood:I won't take months when the set is released; )
No, just the time to upload some 150 files to LDraw Parts Tracker... But only after release!
Thanks for that! It seems that all NXT parts are new ! So you might be right with your number - 150 new parts/subparts.
so you have them ready already...?
incredible... great!
Quote:So you might be right with your number - 150 new parts/subparts.
Actually 170 files. But it includes a few ones I already put on PT because the parts are already out, such as the axle 4 with middle stop. And add to that texture images for the stickers...
Quote:so you have them ready already...? incredible... great!
Actually, no, I don't have them (yet). But it's probably even greater: I got detailed 3D files from LEGO to create the LDraw models. This shows that they do somewhat care about LDraw Wink. And when I said detailed... they were high resolution with all little chamfers everywhere, so I had to rewrite everything to get manageable parts. The size of EV3 brick model itself was about 40MB!!! Overall, it took me about 6 months to rewrite all parts...
That are really great news! TLG knows why they deliver these data to us (you). That is really a good CRM!
say them a thank you from us,
and another one goes to you, of course,
we are eagerly awaiting these to appear on the PT...
Hi! Thanks a lot for the ldraw software tool: it's great. The brand-new Lego Mindstorms EV3 platform is designed to make it easy for adults and children alike to program robots.
Today is the launch day for EV3 Education (http://www.legoeducation.us/eng/product/...e_set/2578 and http://www.legoeducation.us/eng/product/...n_set/2576)... As such, I posted on Parts Tracker all the models of EV3 parts.

Note to reviewers: if you find trivial mistakes that you think you can fix easily, please do so!

Enjoy!
Thank you, Amazing work!!

Is there something special you want us too look for, keywords ?
How many new files? I've found 90+16 (parts/subparts).
Yes, keywords, parts type...
Note (following discussions on PT with Max) that I have not put a lot of efforts on sections of parts that can't be seen outside of the assemblies. I prefer to keep things simple there, even at the price of LDraw strict correctness...

As for the number of files, I don't know exactly, since out of the initial 170 files evaluation I already submitted a few parts, and the stickers (and panel/shortcuts assemblies) are yet to come since they belong to 31313 set not yet released.
... that's like 5 full pages full of Philo submits, ohh my.
Here is a preview of the parts...
[Image: ev3-testfile.png]
Attached also the little test file that created this image. It can be used to "pull" all EV3 parts through LDView auto update...

Attached Files
.ldr   EV3-testfile.ldr (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 18)
Pheewww...
I hope, if I have not forgotten a part, I have reviewed (and partly corrected) your complete upload.
Now I only see triangles, quads and lines in my head. :-)

/Max
A big, big thank you for this awesome, fast review!
...now I have to delve into all these reviews Wink
Chris, if you aren't on vacancies now, and if it's not a too big work, could you create an "EV3" review page? that would help...
I'll tackle more of these parts later on today... I'm a little busy right now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »