Train Buffer Beam with Sealed Magnet - Type 2 (91994)

Train Buffer Beam with Sealed Magnet - Type 2 (91994)
Hello everyone,

I don't have the part, just follow the photo to modify the appearance from 64424 and 64420.
So, I'm not sure the screw was the correct size, and I don't know their part number, too...

Can I share these parts at Parts Tracker? How can I do?
And I also need to modify which contents of these part files?

Thank you one more time for your answers!

Attached Files
.dat   91994.dat (Size: 429 bytes / Downloads: 2)
.dat   Beam.dat (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   Screw.dat (Size: 792 bytes / Downloads: 3)
Re: Train Buffer Beam with Sealed Magnet - Type 2 (91994)
Hello Yuntao,

Wow, two new parts authors in two days!!! excellent!

Quote:I don't have the part, just follow the photo to modify the appearance from 64424 and 64420.
So, I'm not sure the screw was the correct size, and I don't know their part number, too...
Your parts look good, compared with LDD version. Maybe the "screw" (actually on this part version it's rather a pin, since there is no slot in the head) is a bit too long according to this photo by say two LDU. (edit): a friend measured the depth, it's actually 1 LDU.
I don't know the part number for the pin/screw either, you'll have to use a uxxx name after asking LDraw part admin for a number range.
The part number for the element you named "beam" is 91968.
Quote:Can I share these parts at Parts Tracker? How can I do?
You need to ask LDraw part admin for a LDraw parts author login, see "submit new parts", after that you'll be able to send part to Parts Tracker.
Quote:And I also need to modify which contents of these part files?
They already look quite good. The main problem is that some of the areas you modified have inverted surfaces ("inside out"). You can see that using LDView BFC red/green mode. Elements that appear red are inverted.
Yuntao

To submit parts, you must be authorized as an author on the Parts Tracker and have read and affirmed the Contributor Agreement.
To become authorized as an author you must first register with the LDraw.org Forum (whish you have obviously done) and then send an email to the Parts Library Admin address ([email protected]) with your true first and last names and your LDraw.org username. You must also include the statement "I accept the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement with regards to all past and future contributions I make to LDraw.org".
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Hello Philippe,

Thank you very much, I will fix these problems as soon as possible.

Perhaps I can put the pin on the 91994.dat, just like the metal axle in 2879c01.dat.
If this is appropriate...

Furthermore, I didn't build this part from start to finish.
So, I'm not sure how to change the contents of the header.
Can you give me some suggestions? Such as "Author", "!HISTORY", etc...

Thank you again, your reply is very helpful for me.
Hello Chris,

I understand what you mean, thank you very much!
Hi Yuntao,

Yuntao Chen Wrote:Perhaps I can put the pin on the 91994.dat, just like the metal axle in 2879c01.dat.
If this is appropriate...
It's better to make it a separate parts, as you already did.

Quote:Furthermore, I didn't build this part from start to finish.
So, I'm not sure how to change the contents of the header.
Can you give me some suggestions? Such as "Author", "!HISTORY", etc...
As this is a brand new part, even if part of it is derived from another part, author should be set to your name and !HISTORY should be emptied. You may mentionned as comment that part is derived from another one, but I am the author of this other part and won't take offence if you don't Wink

Datheader utility can help you fill in the header without mistakes, and also verifies a lot of things in your file.

The ultimate improvement would be to put all common geometry in a subfile, build 91968 from that and update 64424 to use the subpart.
Hello Philippe,

I understand, I'll try to build subpart, and use Datheader.
Hope that I can contribute to LDraw.

Thank you very much!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »