Complete Boat hull medium bfloat3c01 and large bfloat4c01 for Classic Town sets

Boat hull medium bfloat3c01 and large bfloat4c01 for Classic Town sets
Thumbs Up 
There are still some floating boat hulls waiting to be made:

Boat Hull Unitary 25 x 10 x 4 1/3 Complete Assembly

Boat Hull Unitary 38 x 10 x 5 2/3 Complete Assembly

Boat Hull Unitary 52 x 12 x 6 1/3 Complete Assembly

It would be nice to see at least one of them in the ldraw library. Maybe one or even two of them are ready next year at this time...
I know each of them is a lot of work...

[EDIT 23-03-13 T.Takahashi] Changed subject for keyword search, corrected links
RE: Are there some part authors out there, who search a challange?
This is a very old request, and I'm not sure whether or not these parts have been created since then.

But I can only seem to find the first one, bfloat2c01, in the Ldraw library. The other two (bfloat3c01 and bfloat4c01) doesn't seem to exist. If they do, can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking to build for example Lego sets 4022 and 4031 that requires these two parts.
(2020-04-26, 15:06)Jonas Hall Wrote: This is a very old request, and I'm not sure whether or not these parts have been created since then.

But I can only seem to find the first one, bfloat2c01, in the Ldraw library. The other two (bfloat3c01 and bfloat4c01) doesn't seem to exist. If they do, can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking to build for example Lego sets 4022 and 4031 that requires these two parts.

This is what is on the PT concering boat hulls,
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...escription

Those are quite some... but I think the two are not included
Yes, I looked through the list before posting. I couldn't find these two. Only the "smallest" one, bfloat2c01 seems to be created.
(2020-04-26, 15:06)Jonas Hall Wrote: This is a very old request, and I'm not sure whether or not these parts have been created since then.

I would also be interested in having these hulls created.

I actually have set 4030 which uses the same hull and I am wondering if one can not have it scanned in and have that turned into a .dat file somehow? I am sorry if this is a dumb question but having seen what can be done with scanning and 3D printing I figured this might be easier than trying to make the file from scratch. Any ideas?
I also have model 4020, that hull doesn't seem to be available either.
I'd like to request these two boat hulls, bfloat3c01 and bfloat4c01 to create OMR models of set 4020, 4021, 4022, 4030 and 4031.
If the detailed part dimensions are provided, I'll try to make them with LDPartEditor.

Thanks,
Takeshi
In addition to also really hoping someone gets these made, as they're the only ship hulls completely missing (the big blue 72 x 18 hull needs some smoothing work, but is otherwise workable) in order to complete the entire lineup of floating Lego ships, I'd like to request some work done to bfloat2c01 - namely unlocking the main hull color.

The current part as imported into Stud.io has the materials locked to black exterior/white interior. The actual part in real life also came in white, in set 4011, which cannot be built with the plain hull due to the locked colors.

A workaround is possible, but not ideal, in that the stickered version from set 4010 is in the database and it does not have the black exterior color locked, so I can make *that* white, but the sticker outlines still show in renders. 

Thank you to anyone who picks this project up.
(2021-10-17, 22:18)Sebastian Palm Wrote: In addition to also really hoping someone gets these made, as they're the only ship hulls completely missing (the big blue 72 x 18 hull needs some smoothing work, but is otherwise workable) in order to complete the entire lineup of floating Lego ships, I'd like to request some work done to bfloat2c01 - namely unlocking the main hull color.

The current part as imported into Stud.io has the materials locked to black exterior/white interior. The actual part in real life also came in white, in set 4011, which cannot be built with the plain hull due to the locked colors.

A workaround is possible, but not ideal, in that the stickered version from set 4010 is in the database and it does not have the black exterior color locked, so I can make *that* white, but the sticker outlines still show in renders. 

Thank you to anyone who picks this project up.

2372c01.dat has an uncoloured main hull and a white interior and consists of the 2373.dat (Hull) and 2372.dat (Deck).
First (and easiest) component for part bfloat3c01 has been done by photogrametry.
My next try will be the bow deck for bfloat3c01, any help are very welcomed!!

I'll submit them into PT after rough tuning (collision check for official models etc.), with obtaining part number for each component.

Thanks Philo for reference part 2372c01, and any early-stage or PT reviews by community members are highly appreciated.

Attached Files
.dat   u496c.dat (Size: 2.52 KB / Downloads: 6)
(2012-08-18, 17:18)Christoph Mierowski Wrote: There are still some floating boat hulls waiting to be made:

Boat Hull Unitary 38 x 10 x 5 2/3 Complete Assembly
Now on Parts Tracker!
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/30590
(2023-03-12, 17:33)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Now on Parts Tracker!

Thanks very much for creating!!
Fit check is OK, and the stickers for set 4020/4021/4022 will go into my to-do list.

(2023-03-12, 17:33)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Now on Parts Tracker!

That is fantastic, thank you!! Can't wait to build 4020 which I had back in the day.
RE: Boat hull medium bfloat3c01 and large bfloat4c01 for Classic Town sets
(2012-08-18, 17:18)Christoph Mierowski Wrote: There are still some floating boat hulls waiting to be made:

Boat Hull Unitary 52 x 12 x 6 1/3 Complete Assembly
This one is done too!
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/30690
(2023-03-20, 20:03)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: This one is done too!
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/30690

Wow, now I can finally build 4030 as well! Thanks so much for making it!
I haven't had a chance to work on the models recently as my laptop sent itself into early retirement and the new one arrives on Friday. 
Expect some boat models soon!  :-)
Fit check for the large hull is OK.
Thanks again!!

Hello, I have the original Motor that fits these Hulls: Mabuchi S-1

I already modeled it in CAD, but I need someone to transform it into a Ldraw dat (too complex for me).

Which way ist the best to convert to .dat?

I tried exporting to .obj and import into Studio PartDesigner (it worked) but LDPE doesnt like that data.

And LDPE itself has unfortunately no internal converters.

Which formats are good for that? I have .dxf .obj .stl (I cant get the stl2dat working)

René
Rene, there is obj2dat, a small exe that does a pretty good job, works with all the unity files so far.

I am just trying to locate it online again, as I cannot remember where I downloaded it.
Hello, now I exported the Mabuchi again as several parts and put them into Studio Partdesigner.
Then I edited that to match the colors and rendered it with the keel:

Also attached the .part renamed into a .dat if someone wants to edit it.

Attached Files
.dat   Mabuchi.dat (Size: 754.99 KB / Downloads: 2)
(2023-03-28, 11:35)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Hello, now I exported the Mabuchi again as several parts and put them into Studio Partdesigner.
Then I edited that to match the colors and rendered it with the keel:

Also attached the .part renamed into a .dat if someone wants to edit it.

That looks amazing Rene, thank you!

In the meantime I have continued with the original boat sets for these hulls. There seems to be a strange anomaly of partial studs being shown under the hull when rendered in Studio. Although strangely enough, the hull is fine in Studio itself...
I am also still having an issue with the hulls not showing up at all in LDview even though I have checked the presence of all the necessary files in the unofficial parts folders (main and subfolder).

Does anyone have an idea what might be happening? Many thanks, Alex

.ldr   4031 - Fire Rescue.ldr (Size: 37.88 KB / Downloads: 3)

(2023-04-08, 12:50)legolex76 Wrote: Does anyone have an idea what might be happening? Many thanks, Alex

Well, it looks like the hull is not included in your model file.
Did you build this in Studio and then export it to a ldr-file?
The hull is simply missing in the ldr-file.
Yes, looks like a studio export...

I also did this, for code cleanliness, open it as a text, copypaste it into LDPE and use "round", then copy it back (or just use mpdcenter).

It could be that the Submodel Heads also dont fit OMR conformity.

Fortunately the Mabuchi Motor also comes in red.
Hi Rene, hi Magnus,
thanks for the quick reply. Yes I make my files in Studio and then export them, however I always check my uploads with MPD center beforehand. 

During the check I used MPDs "import unofficial part" feature for the hull (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot) as it pointed out that the part was missing. I have used this for previous models with unofficial parts, and it was not an issue (at least not that I was made aware of). 
MPD Center states the file is OMR conform. Is there something I am missing which is not being detected by MPD Center that I need to be aware of in future?
Thanks.

Doesnt clean MPDcenter the code? Studio isnt very precise and when exporting, the codes has many decimal places which arent needed...

For rounding i use LDPE (but this ignores submodels).
Also check the submodel origin in Studio (because its normally at the center of the submodel), which may be bad for accuracy.

"import unofficial part" I didnt use that yet, maybe replacing it manually?
How do you do patterns on curved things?

Scanned my motor (on the keel), but I still dont like textpatterns...

I used a d30x65LDU 48/7-16cyli for the side, any idea how to do that chromesilver pattern?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »