Re: MLCad doesn't find ldconfig.ldr.

Tim,

I do not think that this was a good idea. We already have linkt to the LDConfig.ldr in:

Colour Definition Language Extension
Downloads

You'd better add this to:

Colour chart

and since you are there let Scott check if the chart is up-to-date and please add Philo's graphical version:

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Because of Magnus's post, I went looking for ldcfgalt, and could not find it. I don't think Documents is a good location for it. Downloads or Parts seem more intuitive for the two color files download locations.

From looking at the color chart, I see a number of edges that should not be colored. I'll take care of that (if not already) before I hand them over to Chris next week.

Is there a script that converts ldconfig into the html code for the color chart page? I am not a fan of updating multiple files with the same data, but I now see the usefullness of the color chart web page.

Scott
Yes, I have a script for the conversion to HTML, although it might need tweaking for the style of the new site.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Scott Wardlaw Wrote:Because of Magnus's post, I went looking for ldcfgalt, and could not find it. I don't think Documents is a good location for it. Downloads or Parts seem more intuitive for the two color files download locations.

So did I! And if a webmaster can't easily find it then the visitors certainly can't.

Scott Wardlaw Wrote:From looking at the color chart, I see a number of edges that should not be colored. I'll take care of that (if not already) before I hand them over to Chris next week.

Is there a script that converts ldconfig into the html code for the color chart page? I am not a fan of updating multiple files with the same data, but I now see the usefullness of the color chart web page.

Scott

To you and Chris, I seem to recall leaving the text unchanged aside from
Code:
<TABLE id="colourchart">
. The old script should, I believe, work with the id set. If you add
Code:
<br style="clear: both;" />
at the end of it then you can just delete all the content and replace with the output. Although maybe
Code:
Download the latest <code>ldconfig.ldr</code> <a href="http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/ldconfig.ldr">here</a><br />
would be good to add at the start.

Tim
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »