[Attention part authors] Olive Green vs Yellowish Green

[Attention part authors] Olive Green vs Yellowish Green
It looks like I was too hasty in adding Olive Green and assuming that it was the The LEGO Group's Color 326 Spring Yellowish Green. Now that Bricklink is selling Yellowish Green; it is obvious that Yellowish Green matches TLG's Spring Yellowish Green. Olive Green seems to match as close to Spring Yellowish Green as it does Faded Green, so it will be matched with LEGO ID 210 Faded Green.

I plan on changing our LDraw Color ID of Olive_Green from 326 to 210, and adding the new color Yellowish_Green with Color ID 326.

Please let me know if anyone has any major objections to this, but this post is mostly to inform anyone working on these parts:
973pb990
3626cpb669
98166pb02
DARaptor2
DATRex3
DAPtera3
98086pb02
bb539c02

that Olive_Green will soon be code 210 instead of code 326.

I won't be so hasty in the future to release a new LDconfig at the beginning of the year...I'll wait until enough of the new colors are out in the wild that making matching decisions will be more straight forward.

Thanks,
Scott

EDIT: Added an [attention part authors] to help those who should read this to read this. TG
Re: [Attention part authors] Olive Green vs Yellowish Green
Scott Wardlaw Wrote:It looks like I was too hasty in adding Olive Green and assuming that it was the The LEGO Group's Color 326 Spring Yellowish Green. Now that Bricklink is selling Yellowish Green; it is obvious that Yellowish Green matches TLG's Spring Yellowish Green. Olive Green seems to match as close to Spring Yellowish Green as it does Faded Green, so it will be matched with LEGO ID 210 Faded Green.

I plan on changing our LDraw Color ID of Olive_Green from 326 to 210, and adding the new color Yellowish_Green with Color ID 326.

Please let me know if anyone has any major objections to this, but this post is mostly to inform anyone working on these parts:
973pb990
3626cpb669
98166pb02
DARaptor2
DATRex3
DAPtera3
98086pb02
bb539c02

that Olive_Green will soon be code 210 instead of code 326.

I won't be so hasty in the future to release a new LDconfig at the beginning of the year...I'll wait until enough of the new colors are out in the wild that making matching decisions will be more straight forward.

Thanks,
Scott

EDIT: Added an [attention part authors] to help those who should read this to read this. TG

It should probably be noted that
210 Faded Green is (so far, and likely forever) a DUPLO exclusive color, encompassing 4 parts, all of them deleted by the end of 2004
326 Spring Yellowish Green is (so far) a DUPLO exclusive color with 2 parts, starting in 2012
and
330 Olive Green is a System color with a great deal of potential use starting in 2012 (animals and mini-figure parts)

so I'm surprised you're crossing the (product) lines with the naming of these colors.
Perhaps you could share your insider information with us again? 210 Faded Green was the only other similar color that I was aware of.

Thanks, I'll match our Olive_Green to 330 Olive Green.

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,

There are a few LEGO designers on flickr who could probably help your with colour IDs if you ask nicely. Mark Stafford answers (some) questions in a thread in the AFOL 16+ group on flickr. Drop me a flickrmail for details if you're interested.

Tim
Scott Wardlaw Wrote:Perhaps you could share your insider information with us again? 210 Faded Green was the only other similar color that I was aware of.

Thanks, I'll match our Olive_Green to 330 Olive Green.

Thanks,
Scott

The RGB for 330 Olive Green is (119,119,78) (#77774e). If you work up a swatch, you see that olive green is a really good descriptor.

hth,

-- joshua
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »