LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.4

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.4
Hey,

Here is the new LPC 1.3.4.

Please uninstall older versions of this software before installing a new version.
Your configuration won't be deleted if you have already version greater than 1.3.1 installed on your machine.

Change log:

New features:
  • The program imports subfiles of primitives
  • The projection data import now parses linetype 2 and 5
  • DAT filenames with spaces are supported
  • You can press the Ctrl+C/X/V or Del key to change the text displayed in on-screen textboxes
  • It is impossible to group triangles which are adjacent to an existing group
  • The subfile import does inline all required subparts/primitives of the subfile
  • The highlight around a selected triangle that exactly match a template triangle is shown
  • Vertices from projection data remain locked
Fixed Bugs from 1.3.X:
  • LPC crashes if the user sets a custom colour in the toolbar which is not defined in LDConfig.ldr
  • LPC crashes if the user makes excessive use of the "Merge to nearest line" functions.
  • The undo/redo functions crash the application under certain circumstances and deform a pattern.
  • It is possible to group triangles which are adjacent to an existing group (misfeature).

(see full list of tickets for 1.3.4)

I included a short README.pdf in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils
Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.4
Thanks Nils.

What is a little bit annoying, that you have to deselect "Add Vertex" or "Add Triangle" now, to delete selected vertices or triangles with the del key.
Does the projection feature not work as intended or am I doing something wrong? Most of the time when I export a pattern with projection it looks like this:

[Image: 7157294216_e01ddeb69d_b.jpg]

If it's still a bug in LPC I'd suggest that you leave the vertices of the projection data editable or at least copyable, because at the moment they can't even be copied. OR you make it possible to choose if the pattern is exported projected or flat. Because now I have to copy my pattern in a new project (overwrite, to export a flat version) and have to recreate all triangles that were connected to the vertices of the projection data.

Also the ability to toggle the view, if the green lines are in front of or behind the triangles would be helpful. I prefer to have them in front so I can see where I have to make breaks for the projection (which saves a lot of triangles).
I can't reproduce the error. Could you attach the mentioned LPC-File, please?

Your suggestion to toggle between the z-layer of the green lines is good. I will implement this feature in the next release.
Yes, I too get such graphic spiky wonders (but not exactly what I expected Wink
Daniel, instead of copy/paste in a new project, I export using opposite direction, in this case LPC does a flat projection. Then I rotate the pattern 180° using MLCad or LDDP.
Quote:Also the ability to toggle the view, if the green lines are in front of or behind the triangles would be helpful. I prefer to have them in front so I can see where I have to make breaks for the projection (which saves a lot of triangles).
Agreed. I was the one who insisted to see highlighted triangles when they did exactly overlap template, but now it's the opposite problem. Maybe the template could be drawn using thicker lines to remain visible? (and thin triangles lines over them can be seen as well).
Philippe \Philo\" Hurbain Wrote:Daniel, instead of copy/paste in a new project, I export using opposite direction, in this case LPC does a flat projection. Then I rotate the pattern 180° using MLCad or LDDP.

Didn't know that was possible. That would have saved me another two hours of work. :-(

Nils, see attached file (rename to .lpc)

Attached Files
.txt   pattern3.lpc.txt (Size: 146.97 KB / Downloads: 0)
Another one attached, if ever you need it...

Attached Files
.txt   pied2.lpc.txt (Size: 164.77 KB / Downloads: 0)
Admin Curtain Up...
LPC extension is now allowed in attachments. That is all...
Thanks Admin. ;-)
Philippe \Philo\" Hurbain Wrote:Yes, I too get such graphic spiky wonders (but not exactly what I expected Wink
... Maybe the template could be drawn using thicker lines to remain visible? (and thin triangles lines over them can be seen as well).

I found the bug which was causing the "spiky wonders" and implemented a feature to toggle the z-layer of the template. Additionaly the template will be drawn with thicker lines.
Great, thanks! Eagerly waiting for 1.3.5 Wink
Witch hopefully also comes with the long waited "Spliner":

[Image: Spliner.jpg]

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Maybe you could do something about the vertices in projection templates. Superfast triangulation doesn't work, you can't copy them, you can't mirror triangles etc...
Daniel Görner Wrote:Maybe you could do something about the vertices in projection templates. Superfast triangulation doesn't work, you can't copy them, you can't mirror triangles etc...

In 1.3.5 it will be possible to cut, copy and mirror the triangles and superfast triangulation will work, too.
Furthermore, I try to implement superfast triangulation for vertices which belong to a group/primitive.
Something "magic" must happen.. otherwise, there is not a chance to include this feature in release 1.3.5.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »