LDraw.org 2012-01 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2012-01 Parts Update Now Available
The 2012-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released.

This update includes 1148 files in the core library, including 601 new parts. Two major features of this release are the inclusion of a large selection of 12V train parts and Mindstorms NXT components, all of which had been waiting on the Parts Tracker for far too long. Many of the primitives have also been upgraded to the current expectations for (counter-clockwise) polygon winding.

This is another big step in reducing the backlog on the Parts Tracker and brings the number of files to its lowest level since April 2005. Thanks are due to the small community of part authors who created or corrected parts for this release and to those who have reviewed files in order to make this release happen.

I am really pleased with the increased momentum on the Parts Tracker this year and I am hopeful that we can continue to work at this pace to reduce the backlog as well as bringing newly issued parts into the Official Library. I'd like to recognise the pragmatism that has been exhibited in allowing functional (but not necessarily perfect) parts to be released with a "Needs Work" tag.

You can preview the new parts in 2012-01 and download the update by going to the updates page.

The 128 certified files currently on the LDraw Parts Tracker were held back from this update in keeping with our normal practice of not releasing new primitives or subparts until they are needed for an official part file.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Re: LDraw.org 2012-01 Parts Update Now Available
I'll refrain to announce it around me just now since LDraw.org website is still "out for lunch", but... congratulations, and many thanks, Chris!
It must just be the http service that is affected because I got good performance on the server to build the update. I think there is some peeron inventory maintenance going on.
Great work everyone, and especially Chris, Steffen and Philo. That 601 new parts since the last release in December so it's an astonishing amount of work.

Tim
A small problem: the zip file contains extraneous ldconfig files in its root... (I already corrected article titled LDraw.org 2011-02 Parts Update Now Available)
Unfortunately the LDConfig.ldr colour description file was not updated by the windows installer. This happened on both of my machines (Windows XP / 7).
Stray files now deleted from zip archives.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »