Call for votes: Stickers and Color 16

Call for votes: Stickers and Color 16
Please vote on the proposal below. Please modify the Subject to include your name and vote, in addition to giving your vote in the text.

Update the LDraw.org Official Library Specification for Sticker Parts in the following way:

Quote:For transparent stickers, the transparent portion should be modeled using color 16, so that the sticker can be attached to any color parts and still blend in. Unfortunately, if it is attached over a multi-colored region, it won't blend in, but there isn't really a good solution to that problem.

Except with transparent stickers, the sticker pattern is modeled by real colors. They are not modifiable from the outside, and so the use of color numbers 16 and 24 is not allowed. Color 16 is allowed for transparent stickers, as noted above, but color 24 is not.

The sticker pattern is modeled by real colors, they are not modifiable from the outside, and so the use of color numbers 16 and 24 is not allowed.

to

Quote:The sticker pattern is modelled by real colour; they are not modifiable from the outside. All printed colour of the pattern must be matched. Mimicking a colour by blending in the background colour of the part underneath using colour 16 is not allowed. Colour 16 is exclusively allowed for a transparent portion of the pattern, so that the sticker can be attached to any color parts and still blend in. Since edges are forbidden in sticker parts, colour 24 is not allowed.
LEGO ergo sum
Travis Cobbs: YES
I vote YES.
Allen Smith: YES
I vote yes.
Roland Melkert: YES
I vote YES
Re: Call for votes: Stickers and Color 16 (Chris Dee ABSTAIN)
There is some sensitivity to this here which I think we should listen to. I withhold my vote until that has been resolved.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Willy Tschager: YES
Yes, despite the onging discussion. If the so called "Flexability" gives room to do this kind of ambiguity, I'd rather see it ruled.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
LDraw.org Official Library Specification for Sticker Parts updated
http://www.ldraw.org/Article339.html

and

LSC Summary

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »