Changes enough for only CC by 4.0

Changes enough for only CC by 4.0
Hello

I wanted to add the references and the set numbers to the minifigure head 3626bp7b. Uploading to the Parts Tracker was not possible because BFC CERTIFY is CW.
Changing it to BFC CERTIFY CCW should not be a problem.
However, I noticed that the license CC by 2.0 is still specified. Are the above changes (BFC CERTIFY) sufficient to publish this part under my name and reference to the original author only under the CC by 4.0 license?
I would also keep the old HISTORY lines.

Greetings

Manfred
RE: Changes enough for only CC by 4.0
(2024-09-03, 14:47)Manfred Schaefer Wrote: Hello

I wanted to add the references and the set numbers to the minifigure head 3626bp7b. Uploading to the Parts Tracker was not possible because BFC CERTIFY is CW.
Changing it to BFC CERTIFY CCW should not be a problem.
However, I noticed that the license CC by 2.0 is still specified. Are the above changes (BFC CERTIFY) sufficient to publish this part under my name and reference to the original author only under the CC by 4.0 license?
I would also keep the old HISTORY lines.

Greetings

Manfred

No.
Only changing the winding, and flipping all the surfaces in this, will not correct it.
It has many more issues and needs a complete rework. Then you could take ower as author.
(2024-09-03, 15:45)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: No.
Only changing the winding, and flipping all the surfaces in this, will not correct it.
It has many more issues and needs a complete rework. Then you could take ower as author.

To upload this part back to the parts tracker I need to change BFC from CW to CCW. This change would not change the license and this part would stay in the parts tracker as it is more than a header change.
Or are such changes the same as header changes?
(2024-09-03, 16:03)Manfred Schaefer Wrote: To upload this part back to the parts tracker I need to change BFC from CW to CCW. This change would not change the license and this part would stay in the parts tracker as it is more than a header change.
Or are such changes the same as header changes?

The BFC check cannot be bypassed without changing the PT code, therefore the winding needs to be fixed and this part would not be fast track eligible. Based on this, the whole part should be rewritten from scratch.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »