I plan to add a color for sails and other fabrics. This would be:

Fabric_Cream - EBDFD1.

Any remarks?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: New color: Fabric_Cream
You sure this isn't just faded/yellowed white
(2024-06-12, 16:19)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You sure this isn't just faded/yellowed white

Doesn't look like. Here another source.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2024-06-12, 16:40)Willy Tschager Wrote: Doesn't look like. Here another source.

w.

This part (and the 2 other extremely rare Royal Knights cloth parts)
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...=1#T=C&C=1

is very likely confirmed white and the same material as the Western teepees (I think the plan wagon's cover looks a bit weird too?).

Maybe someone has both parts and can provide a comparison photo?

The sails from the 1992 Imperial Guards sets are confirmed Tan as far as I know...

I have never heard of them being specifically a different color, also the number range where this color would be (1-50 or 100-150) seems to be already filled by current research:

https://ryliehowerter.net/colors.php

Is it possible this is more of a print effect rather than a true color?
I can't imagine this is anything other than the fabric equivalent to this color.
So you mean the Royal Knights flags would be specifically dyed white?

I see that this would make sense.

But in turn this would make the special color for those cloth materials "somewhat" plausible.

I think I found a different forum post that already talked about a "material" specifier. Maybe that would be more accurate here as well? There was the whole "Rust" color thing (which never existed) and there are already "rubber" versions of some colors.

However, most of the time we don't know the exact material for parts anyways (at least of current state) so this might cause a lot of other problems...

EDIT:
Not to sure about the whole color specifications, but IF a "cloth" only color gets added, is it technically possible to also give it a "woven cloth" texture as well, like in the glitter colors? Would possibly require a texture map of some sort, but to be honest I don't fully understand how the glitter colors work.
(2024-07-12, 1:20)Chris Böhnke Wrote: So you mean the Royal Knights flags would be specifically dyed white?

Well, no, just the opposite in fact. This cream "color" would just be the unprinted fabric, just as the Nature color is simply uncolored ABS plastic.

But that's just an assumption based on these less-than-optimal photos. A look at the real parts would be more informative.

Quote:Not to sure about the whole color specifications, but IF a "cloth" only color gets added, is it technically possible to also give it a "woven cloth" texture as well, like in the glitter colors? Would possibly require a texture map of some sort, but to be honest I don't fully understand how the glitter colors work.

A fabric texture is definitely something we lack right now (along with a somewhat related rope or string texture). But then again, we also lack software that renders most of the textures we do have.
A pic of the wagon cover can be found here:

[Image: 017.jpg]

Anyway, we not only need colors used in the prints like, black, blue, red as seen on the tepees but also a new finish:

https://www.ldraw.org/article/299.html#finish

better, something like the glitter, which in this case defines the dull linen.

I'll move this over to the LSB.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
it would be cool if there was cloth simulation
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »