Official Part Fix Submission

Official Part Fix Submission
I'm considering allowing all registered authors to submit fixes to official parts. I have a feeling this has been admin only since the old PT code made submission and deletion a pain. Any strong opinions?
RE: Official Part Fix Submission
I'm all for it, it lets us get things into the review process faster and certainly saves you some busywork.
The only downside I can see is an increased workload on the reviewers. The growth of parts in need for a review is increasing.
We need to attract more reviewers.
(2024-03-17, 7:37)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: The only downside I can see is an increased workload on the reviewers. The growth of parts in need for a review is increasing.
We need to attract more reviewers.

Well, these parts are already subject to the review process—or do you mean it will encourage more authors to submit official part fixes?
Barring any hitches in testing, this change will go live tonight (PDT or Seattle time).
good thing.

the review process anyway will catch problems,
and I really never understood why fixes to official files could not be uploaded easily
but instead required e-mailing to PT admin.

👍👍👍
I found some other things that need to be addressed so this update will be pushed to later in the week.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »