Need help identifying colo(u)rs

Need help identifying colo(u)rs
Merry Christmas everybody.

I am trying to define a custom LDConfig.ldr for the 10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van so that it takes less time to model, however, I am having a hard time identifying the exact color of some of the parts.

Unfortunately, peeron does not yet have an inventory of the set, so I can't just get the colors from there.

I took a picture of the parts I am having trouble with next to parts of similar color for reference. I tried to take the photo in the best light possible, I can take another if necessary.
[Image: 3nB34.jpg]

Here's my attempt at identifying the colors:
  1. Known to be 14 (Yellow). Provided for reference.
  2. Slightly darker than part #1. Possibly 125 (Light_Orange) or 191 (Bright_Light_Orange)?
  3. Known to be 2 (Green). Provided for reference.
  4. Slightly lighter than part #3. Possibly 10 (Bright_Green), probably not 17 (Light_Green), possibly 74 (Medium_Green).
  5. Not in the set, I think it's 38 (Trans_Neon_Orange).
  6. In the set, I think it's 57 (Trans_Orange). Do i have #5 and #6 swapped?
  7. Pretty sure it's 70 (Reddish_Brown) but may as well ask to be sure.
  8. Pretty sure it's 6 (Brown).
  9. Pretty sure it's 46 (Trans_Yellow).
  10. Pretty sure it's 42 (Trans_Neon_Green). Do i have #9 and #10 swapped?
  11. No clue here.
  12. I've always believed this color to be 19 (Tan) but seeing #11 makes me wonder.

I tried to compare these colors against this, this (wish they were pictures), and these but I'm still uncertain, so could somebody please look at the above and let me know what is right/wrong?
Re: Need help identifying colo(u)rs
Jean-Philippe Ouellet Wrote:[Image: 3nB34.jpg]

Here's my attempt at identifying the colors:
  1. Known to be 14 (Yellow). Provided for reference.
  2. Slightly darker than part #1. Possibly 125 (Light_Orange) or 191 (Bright_Light_Orange)?
  3. Known to be 2 (Green). Provided for reference.
  4. Slightly lighter than part #3. Possibly 10 (Bright_Green), probably not 17 (Light_Green), possibly 74 (Medium_Green).
  5. Not in the set, I think it's 38 (Trans_Neon_Orange).
  6. In the set, I think it's 57 (Trans_Orange). Do i have #5 and #6 swapped?
  7. Pretty sure it's 70 (Reddish_Brown) but may as well ask to be sure.
  8. Pretty sure it's 6 (Brown).
  9. Pretty sure it's 46 (Trans_Yellow).
  10. Pretty sure it's 42 (Trans_Neon_Green). Do i have #9 and #10 swapped?
  11. No clue here.
  12. I've always believed this color to be 19 (Tan) but seeing #11 makes me wonder.

1: No comment
2: I think is is just yellow but Lego is probably using a different plastic so it look slightly different
3: No comment
4: Same comment as item 2 but for green
5: Yes, Trans Neon Orange
6: Yes, Trans Orange
7: The color change in the early 2000's changed dark/light grey and brown. color numbers 6, 7, 8 are the old colors and 70, 71, 72 are the new colors. In other words 6, 7, and 8 are no longer being used in current sets. For item 7, I think it's dark red.
8: Per above, this is 70
9: Yes, Trans Yellow
10: Yes, Trans Neon Green
11: Dark Tan
12: Tan
I agree with Orion for 2 and 4. If the materials are not the same, color may look the same with some lighting, and different with another light source. See metamerism That's why it's so difficult to get identical colors with different plastics.
My opinion is:

1: //No comment
2: According to Bricklink and after a check with my own 10220, I would say, it is Bright Light Orange.
3: //No comment
4: I know this part only in Bright Green.
5: //No comment
6: Trans Orange
7: I think, it is Dark Red
8: Reddish Brown
9: Trans Yellow
10: Trans Neon Green
11: Dark Tan
12: Tan
Since I'm colourblind I'm not taking guesses based on what things look like... but the brush is very probably Bright Light Orange for reasons described by Max Richter. And similar for the stem and Bright Green.
Max Martin Richter Wrote:4: I know this part only in Bright Green.
see 33172c01 (normal green) and 33172c02 (light green)

Stephen's comment on c01 reproduced here:
Part Tracker Wrote:At Fri May 14 13:40:05 2010, the following review was posted:

Reviewer: Steffen
Certification: novote
Comments:
the leaves exist in variants "green" and "bright green" AFAIK
I have no way of verifying that, so I just took his word for it, however, if you have some way of verifying it, and if you're correct, lets get rid of the shortcut that doesn't exist in the real world.
regarding

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=33172c01
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=33172c02

, I am not sure that really both green variants exist. I got the information about the 2 variants
from Philo a long time ago. Any help sheding light into this question is appreciated.
Additionally, I'm not sure if it is really useful to have those shortcuts,
as the green leaves are used in other contexts as well.
If the majority decides that the 2 shortcuts are superfluous - fine for me, we can delete them.
Well according to peeron it exists in both green and bright green (and once in bluish grey?), but all I can find on bricklink suggests it only exists in bright green (except for one seller, but I think we can count him as an outlier and assume he just has his inventory misrepresented).

I would tend to side with what the majority of people actually physically own rather than what is digitally reported. Also, would this be enough evidence to justify amending the peeron set inventories?
I confirm that carrot stem 33183 exists in green (item 4177303) and bright green (item 4119479). But no garantee that they were released in a set!
Just curious, where did you get that information from?
Send me a PM... philoATphilohome.com
Quote:
Quote:Max Martin Richter
4: I know this part only in Bright Green.

see 33172c01 (normal green) and 33172c02 (light green)

Ok, I did another look into my 10220. In my opinion it is bright green.
another source is LEGO's pick-a-brick, e.g.
http://shop.lego.com/de-DE/Pick-A-Brick-11998

when you click on an element, you can see its official numbers
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »