Poss computer bug?

Poss computer bug?
Hi all'
This is a new one to me?
when I reload a design it shows a lot of the items with either a red or blue outline. When this happens I cannot insert any new items, they drag on but when I let go of the mouse button they disappear!
Do you think I have an issue with my computer or the program itself?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards Martin Stockton.

Attached Files
.docx   Doc9HelpRequirerd.docx (Size: 494.45 KB / Downloads: 9)
RE: Poss computer bug?
(2023-07-03, 15:18)Martin Stockton Wrote: Hi all'
This is a new one to me?
when I reload a design it shows a lot of the items with either a red or blue outline. When this happens I cannot insert any new items, they drag on but when I let go of the mouse button they disappear!
Do you think I have an issue with my computer or the program itself?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards Martin Stockton.

Martin,

you may need to post an image to get some help. Many of us are unlikely to download a Word document because of the risk of it containing some form of virus.

Regards,

David
CAn you press F11, it seems you have switched on the possibility to display the connection info. Still does not explain why no editing is possible

May be you are in "View" mode not "editing"? Hower over the filename to select the editing mode
(2023-07-03, 15:18)Martin Stockton Wrote: when I reload a design it shows a lot of the items with either a red or blue outline. When this happens I cannot insert any new items, they drag on but when I let go of the mouse button they disappear!

Like Gerald wrote, part snapping information is enabled (toggle it with F11).

And it seems the model is 'degraded' to part level for some reason.

LDCad's rendering engine differentiate between models and parts by assuming a model has only TYPE 0 and TYPE 1 lines.
If any type 2 or higher lines are found it will compress all the (recursive) data into a single 'part' to be rendered as a single entity, which has all kinds of performance benefits.

But it also means you can only add shadow information to it using the editor.

So dropping a part will actually add a SNAP_INCL which will be invisible most of the time when used with normal parts.

To fix this (assuming you did not embed parts in the mpd) open your model in e.g. notepad and search for lines starting with 2..5 and remove them.
Hi all,
I seem to have fixed the issue by deleting the part update I did! But now I don't have all the newer parts available? I think it may be due to downloading all the unofficial parts? Is there a way I can download these by not using the unofficial parts??

As always your help is much appreciated 

Regards Martin.
(2023-07-06, 16:13)Martin Stockton Wrote: Hi all,
I seem to have fixed the issue by deleting the part update I did! But now I don't have all the newer parts available? I think it may be due to downloading all the unofficial parts? Is there a way I can download these by not using the unofficial parts??

Well, yes…just doing a normal part update will not include the unofficial parts. You have to go after those on purpose.

But, now I'm stumped as to what the trouble was. We thought you had snap info activated and maybe were in View mode. Was that not it?
(2023-07-07, 0:11)N. W. Perry Wrote: But, now I'm stumped as to what the trouble was. We thought you had snap info activated and maybe were in View mode. Was that not it?

-> What Parts Update did you do? The latest official one?

-> Do you have a list of Parts (BOM) that you are using in this LDR/MPD? respectively share the file here to check it.
Witam.
Jaj zainstalować LDraw? Zawsze pojawia się ten błąd.

Pozdrawiam Darek.

Attached Files
.jpg   LDraw.JPG (Size: 36.11 KB / Downloads: 21)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »