[LDPE] 1.8.68 Released (rotation lock on view / formatted "Name:"+"Author:")

[LDPE] 1.8.68 Released (rotation lock on view / formatted "Name:"+"Author:")
Hey,

this version provides a "lock" button in the 3D editor to lock the rotation of the view.
It also adds some formatting to the "Name:" and "Author:" lines in the text editor.

Side notes:
I am currently learning the Rust programming language and the Vulkan API.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]

As always, you can download LDPE from this page:

http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:

(2 new features and 1 bug fix)

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...lock/unlock the viewport rotation.
  • ...see "Author:" and "Name:" formatted as bold and italic in the text editor.

The following critical issue is fixed:

1. The "Browse..." button for the Background Picture path opened a dialog to "save" the image instead of "open".

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Installation on Windows:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_win32_x64.zip
  2. Run LDPartEditor-1.8.68.msi
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the start menu
Installation on Linux:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_linux_x64.zip
  2. Install ldparteditor_1.8.68-1_amd64.deb
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the menu or via launcher
Installation on Mac OS X:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_mac_x64.zip
  2. Mount LDPartEditor-1.8.68.dmg
  3. Drag LDPartEditor.app to the Applications folder
  4. Copy ldparteditor.sh to your home folder
        4a. Open a Terminal.app and run ./ldparteditor.sh
        4b. Or open a Terminal.app and run /Applications/LDPartEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/LDPartEditor

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.68 Released (rotation lock on view / formatted "Name:"+"Author:")
This is not an issue with this specific release, but since I recently upgraded to MacOS Ventura, I thought other users might need to know this tip.

To avoid the "app is damaged and should be moved to the Trash" error, open System Settings and go to Privacy & Security->Developer Tools. Make sure the Terminal app (not the LDPartEditor app) is in the list of allowed programs and that it is switched on. See below:

This is different from how it was done in OS versions, so this applies only to MacOS 10.13 Ventura and later.
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.68 Released (rotation lock on view / formatted "Name:"+"Author:")
(2023-06-04, 20:54)Nils Schmidt Wrote: this version provides a "lock" button in the 3D editor to lock the rotation of the view.
It also adds some formatting to the "Name:" and "Author:" lines in the text editor.

Thx for another "Willy" edition Wink . So far also the refresh issue in combination with Edges seams fixed.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »