Get models from LEGO Bricktales

Get models from LEGO Bricktales
Hi all,

Is there any way to extract the models from the game LEGO Bricktales?
These worlds are wonderfull vignets and have nice builds.

I finished playing the game and I am working on various models from it.
Example: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-26926.html

I also started building some of the worlds and level vignets, just for fun, but this is very intense.
It would be nice if you could extract builds form the game, just like with instructions and other LEGO 3D sources from the past.

Any help or advices is apprieciated.

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Get models from LEGO Bricktales
I will download the demo later in the evening and see if I can finde unity assets.
Do you get the official ones or the ones with an eyepatch?

https://fitgirl-repacks.site/lego-bricktales/
(you need a torrent program)
(cracked games, continue at your own risk)

Also finished the game, very nice...
I saw it on Steam, there's a free demo version
(2023-03-13, 11:46)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi all,

Is there any way to extract the models from the game LEGO Bricktales?

It would be nice if you could extract builds form the game, just like with instructions and other LEGO 3D sources from the past.

Any help or advices is apprieciated.

Jaco

Hello: I downloaded (from the link above) the game and I can confirm the Unity data. And yes, it's nice to know that it is possible to extract the data.
Hope I help in this. And if you need something from the game, tell me and I try, but not to guarante, the extrction.
(2023-03-13, 17:00)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Do you get the official ones or the ones with an eyepatch?

https://fitgirl-repacks.site/lego-bricktales/
(you need a torrent program)

Also finished the game, very nice...

I have bought the game.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-13, 15:46)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I will download the demo later in the evening and see if I can finde unity assets.

Great! Tnx :-)

Can you convert this data to LDraw?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
at fitgirl-repacks there are more lego games, including

- Lego Builders Journey
- Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga
- Lego Brawls
(cracked games, continue at your own risk)

and more, maybe we can extract some more data...
Hello: Here it is the image of the main hub (only the terrain), one is the .dat file (opened with Ldcad) and another is from Blender; they are not of good quality but you can see the "problems" of converting to .dat.

(2023-03-24, 20:26)Javier Orquera Wrote: Hello: Here it is the image of the main hub (only the terrain), one is the .dat file (opened with Ldcad) and another is from Blender; they are not of good quality but you can see the "problems" of converting to .dat.

Nice. Can you post the DAT file here?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Hello: Here it is the Park (compressed because the files are big) https://bricksafe.com/files/Kuramapicka1...parque.rar
(2023-03-28, 18:55)Javier Orquera Wrote: Hello: Here it is the Park (compressed because the files are big) https://bricksafe.com/files/Kuramapicka1...parque.rar

OK, thanks.

Nice, I can make use of this for my purpose.

Is this difficult to extract and create the DAT files?
How long does it take?

Would you be willing to see if you can extract the Jungle world terrain and stuff?

However, since there are little to no new bricks in this game we cannot make use of it to get new bricks.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-29, 5:25)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Is this difficult to extract and create the DAT files?
How long does it take?

Would you be willing to see if you can extract the Jungle world terrain and stuff?

However, since there are little to no new bricks in this game we cannot make use of it to get new bricks.

You need Assets Studio to extract the files (*.fbx) and any software that allow you to import *.fbx and export *.obj, I use Blender. In Stud.io Part Designer go to "file" menu, then "export as..." and "...as Ldraw" in your folder of choise.

How long it depends on your ability using Blender or your favorite soft; I take several days because of my "lack" of knowledge in Blender.

And you get the Jungle (omly surface) level.

Attached Files
.zip   jungla inicio_sur nivel 6.zip (Size: 6.63 MB / Downloads: 3)
.zip   jungla norte_oeste nivel 7.zip (Size: 5.69 MB / Downloads: 4)
.zip   jungla norte_este nivel 8.zip (Size: 3.84 MB / Downloads: 3)
(2023-03-30, 23:19)Javier Orquera Wrote: You need Assets Studio to extract the files (*.fbx) and any software that allow you to import *.fbx and export *.obj, I use Blender. In Stud.io Part Designer go to "file" menu, then "export as..." and "...as Ldraw" in your folder of choise.

How long it depends on your ability using Blender or your favorite soft; I take several days because of my "lack" of knowledge in Blender.

And you get the Jungle (omly surface) level.

Thanks!

So, I gave Assets Studio a try my self and managed to open an assests file.
After clicking away many errors, I am seeing data now and found meshes for bricks.
Very nice. No new bricks for LDraw though.

What is more interesting to me now is what they call "Decoration" and then judging the file name what world it is from.
There are also things called Props that actually are models too.
Then there are meshes called Tile which build up the world map diorama's and the levels you play in.

That is where it gets interesting for me since these are the files I was looking for!

Example of a tree ;-)

.png   Tree.png (Size: 194.21 KB / Downloads: 172)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Hi Javier 

Assets Studio gives me many error screens like this one.
Do you have an idea what's causing that?

Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-31, 10:01)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi Javier 

Assets Studio gives me many error screens like this one.
Do you have an idea what's causing that?

I think you are chosing the wrong folder; load the folder Brick_Tales_Data (or something similar).
(2023-03-31, 15:52)Javier Orquera Wrote: I think you are chosing the wrong folder; load the folder Brick_Tales_Data (or something similar).

I open a assets file.
Opening that folder also gives these errors.
I will try again at home (errors are on work PC)

In the end, ignoring all the errors (click OK / pressing enter 100+ times :-)
the file does open and shows meshes, 2D textures, music, sound effects, etc.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-31, 18:04)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I open a assets file.

It's strange. In Asset Studio I do the following: "File ---> load folder" and then choice "Lego Bricktales\LEGO-Bricktales\LEGO Bricktales v1.3\LEGO_Bricktales_Data" folder.
I don't know what is the structure you have, but this work for me.
(2023-03-31, 18:04)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I open a assets file.

OK, opened the folder and needed to click away many errors again, but in the end all files loaded and I can view and extract all meshes!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-31, 18:35)Javier Orquera Wrote: It's strange. In Asset Studio I do the following: "File ---> load folder" and then choice "Lego Bricktales\LEGO-Bricktales\LEGO Bricktales v1.3\LEGO_Bricktales_Data" folder.
I don't know what is the structure you have, but this work for me.

I now open that folder too.
Only gives me many errors. In the end, it does load and I am able to see and extract the things I want.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-31, 18:58)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I now open that folder too.
Only gives me many errors. In the end, it does load and I am able to see and extract the things I want.

Last try: I attach my versiom of Asset Studio; it's for check the files you have only, but if you want to install it, it is up to you; I don't asume any responsability

Attached Files
.zip   AssetStudio.net5.v0.16.47.zip (Size: 7.55 MB / Downloads: 3)
(2023-03-31, 19:13)Javier Orquera Wrote: Last try: I attach my versiom of Asset Studio; it's for check the files you have only, but if you want to install it, it is up to you; I don't asume any responsability

Tnx.
I am using AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.47
I tried the .NET5 and .NET6 versions too, but same errors.

No worries though, I just need to click my way through some error screens.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-04-01, 10:43)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Tnx.
I am using AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.47
I tried the .NET5 and .NET6 versions too, but same errors.

No worries though, I just need to click my way through some error screens.

Are you using AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.47 with .NET Framework 4.7.2?
(2023-04-01, 14:06)Javier Orquera Wrote: Are you using AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.47 with .NET Framework 4.7.2?

I guess. I did install .NET 5 and 6 too though to be able to try the other AssetStudio versions.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-03-30, 23:19)Javier Orquera Wrote: You need Assets Studio to extract the files (*.fbx) and any software that allow you to import *.fbx and export *.obj, I use Blender. In Stud.io Part Designer go to "file" menu, then "export as..." and "...as Ldraw" in your folder of choise.

Hi Javier,

I managed to export all assets data directly as obj. I can open those in Blender.

A few questions:

1. Now how to convert obj to LDraw Dat format?
  2. I saw I can export fbx too. What is that?
  3. What to open in Stud.io and export?

Thanks!

P.S. To not get all those annoying error messages while reading the data in AS, I just needed to unselect Debug > Show error messages... ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-04-19, 11:12)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi Javier,

I managed to export all assets data directly as obj. I can open those in Blender.

A few questions:

1. Now how to convert obj to LDraw Dat format?
  2. I saw I can export fbx too. What is that?
  3. What to open in Stud.io and export?

Thanks!

P.S. To not get all those annoying error messages while reading the data in AS, I just needed to unselect Debug > Show error messages... ;-)

Hello Jaco: Congratulations now you have working Assets Studio!

Now your questions:
  1. The convertion is as follows: in Stud.io Part Designer, import the *.obj; then go to Files-->Export as-->Export as Ldraw (don't choise "Export to Stu.dio; well, you can choise to do it but that requires to open the C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\Stud.io\CustomParts folder).
  2. FBX is another format suported in Blender. Don't hesitate to download and open it.
  3. Read the first answer. Also the "Export to Stud.io" allow the direct use in main Stud.io software.
(2023-04-19, 14:27)Javier Orquera Wrote: Hello Jaco: Congratulations now you have working Assets Studio!

Now your questions:
  1. The convertion is as follows: in Stud.io Part Designer, import the *.obj; then go to Files-->Export as-->Export as Ldraw (don't choise "Export to Stu.dio; well, you can choise to do it but that requires to open the C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\Stud.io\CustomParts folder).
  2. FBX is another format suported in Blender. Don't hesitate to download and open it.
  3. Read the first answer. Also the "Export to Stud.io" allow the direct use in main Stud.io software.

Thanks!  Smile

Stud.io partsdesigner does not load the obj keeps hanging on import.
More then this does not happen.

This is the obj straight from the game.
Do I need to open/import the obj in Blender en re-export from Blender to obj?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Do you want to import some separated parts or a whole set?

.obj can be viewed with the standard 3D-Viewer in Windows, I dont know how this is on mac.

I also drew some things in CAD and converted them to .obj to get them in Studio, but Ldraw didnt like that data.
I had to convert this some more (via .csv and table edit).
(I also asked Nils Schmidt, maybe LDPE will get an own import feature)

Are the bigger structures in Bricktales built from separate bricks who are linked or is this a whole mesh?
(2023-04-19, 16:29)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Thanks!  Smile

Stud.io partsdesigner does not load the obj keeps hanging on import.
More then this does not happen.

This is the obj straight from the game.
Do I need to open/import the obj in Blender en re-export from Blender to obj?

When I import the models in the first place, I have the same problem because the file is too big. My solution is to rescale the model in blender (and hopefully the size of the file is reduced) and then import again.
(2023-04-19, 16:58)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Do you want to import some separated parts or a whole set?

.obj can be viewed with the standard 3D-Viewer in Windows, I dont know how this is on mac.

I also drew some things in CAD and converted them to .obj to get them in Studio, but Ldraw didnt like that data.
I had to convert this some more (via .csv and table edit).
(I also asked Nils Schmidt, maybe LDPE will get an own import feature)

Are the bigger structures in Bricktales built from separate bricks who are linked or is this a whole mesh?

I didn't know Windows came with an obj viewer. I will try that. I have a Windows PC and Windows laptop and Macbook and use them all for LDrawing ;-)

All builds in Bricktales come as a whole mesh. Optimized, with non visible faces and lines deleted from the build.
It does come with all separate bricks too, but no new ones that don't exist in LDraw yet. (OK a few, like the minifig tree costume, but that can be found at digitalbricks.de). All loose bricks are in and extract as separate meshes and these do have all faces and lines in and outside.

There are some nice 2D textures in there too, but not really new ones that we don't have yet or that are of no use to LDraw.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-04-19, 17:40)Javier Orquera Wrote: When I import the models in the first place, I have the same problem because the file is too big. My solution is to rescale the model in blender (and hopefully the size of the file is reduced) and then import again.

I see.
I tried that too and it works now!
I import the obj in Blender and export again as obj from Blender. Those obj files are able to read and import in stud.io.
Even the big ones. The submodel builds and the whole game diorama's as a whole. Reduced again with no faces and line inside, only the visible parts are in.

So, now I am able to extract data, view the obj 3D models and import in Stud.io and export to LDraw.
I use these as a guid to rebuild some game diorama's and some very nice builds from the game.

The separate bricks do convert nicely to Stud.io and thus LDraw, but are of no use to us.
There are, however, a few minifig wigs and headpieces for example that can perhaps be used as a basis, but need heavy cleanup.
I think we got similar bricks from LEGO Universe back then too.
I think there are some wigs (hair) and head pieces in there that are not yet in LDraw.
Like the mentioned minifig tree trunk costume part 35827 and the snake helmet.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-04-19, 20:27)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: So, now I am able to extract data

And do not forget the stickers/patterns! To do it, in Asset studio, go to filter type and select Textures2d (make sure this is the only option selected)
(2023-04-19, 21:04)Javier Orquera Wrote: And do not forget the stickers/patterns! To do it, in Asset studio, go to filter type and select Textures2d (make sure this is the only option selected)

Yes, got them all and saved for future use. ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-04-19, 16:58)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: .obj can be viewed with the standard 3D-Viewer in Windows, I dont know how this is on mac.

The obj files that come directly from the extract do not load in the Windows obj viewer.
However if I import the obj file in Blender and export as obj again, most of them do load.
The obj files Blender makes a smaller file sizes, so I guess it takes out some data here and there?
Blender exports in Wavefront obj format and creates an .mtl file along with it. I guess this has to do something with material?
If I view the obj in the Windows viewer with the mtl file present the 3D object is rendered in a light greyish color.
If I delete the mtl file, the 3D object is rendered in a dark greyish color.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Hello, the newest Lego Game has been cracked+repacked: Lego 2K Drive (its also in the Steam sale)...

Did anyone else got it? (game is mid, but maybe someone can extract some parts/prints)
(2023-12-23, 12:31)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Hello, the newest Lego Game has been cracked+repacked: Lego 2K Drive (its also in the Steam sale)...

Did anyone else got it? (game is mid, but maybe someone can extract some parts/prints)

I can take a look.

I bought Bricktales so extracted all from that too, including the last Christmas update ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2023-12-23, 12:31)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Hello, the newest Lego Game has been cracked+repacked: Lego 2K Drive (its also in the Steam sale)...

Do not create library parts derived from non-LEGO produced licensed digital products. That's a legal minefield I don't want to walk into.
hm, most Lego games arent Lego-produced (it seems that the LDD is the only digital product that was developed directly by Lego itself), but I would guess most of the games use data supplied and certified by Lego...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »