Part 4809 subfile mentioning

Part 4809 subfile mentioning
L.S,

On the parts tracker looking at Unofficial File parts/4809.dat, there's no Required (unofficial) subfile mentioned. But the part uses s\4247as02.dat
I got it resolved myself but I thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,

Leon

ps. The subfile is present in the ldrawunf.zip so when you download the bulk it's no problem and you'd probably won't even notice.
RE: Part 4809 subfile mentioning
4247as02 is official as of the 2022-06 update. Is your library up to date?
Yes, my library is up to date (now). But the subfile isn't mentioned in the tracker. So when you're only after that part, you don't realize a subfile is needed until you load the part and see that stuff is missing. And only looking in the .dat file, you see the subfile.
(2023-01-13, 14:10)Leon de Jong Wrote: Yes, my library is up to date (now). But the subfile isn't mentioned in the tracker. So when you're only after that part, you don't realize a subfile is needed until you load the part and see that stuff is missing. And only looking in the .dat file, you see the subfile.

That's by design; the tracker only mentions unofficial subfiles because it assumes a) that you have an up-to-date LDraw library already with all official subparts, and b) that you're not necessarily downloading all unofficial parts at once (though that is an option). However, I agree there are times when it might be convenient if the PT did list required official subfiles as well as unofficial ones.

But what I'm wondering is, why is stuff missing when you load the part, if you have an up-to-date library?
Because my lib wasn't up2date before then.  Smile And loading the part, it wasn't complete.
So the missing subfile made me realize the lib needed updating. And I hadn't had the situation before where an unofficial file needed an official (missing) subfile.

The PT says: Required (unofficial) subfiles: (none). So I assumed no subfile was needed. Only after reading the .dat and seeing the subfile, I checked the version of my lib and realized it was outdated.

Just my weird ways of working I guess  Blush
(2023-01-13, 14:50)Leon de Jong Wrote: Because my lib wasn't up2date before then.  Smile And loading the part, it wasn't complete.
So the missing subfile made me realize the lib needed updating. And I hadn't had the situation before where an unofficial file needed an official (missing) subfile.

The PT says: Required (unofficial) subfiles: (none). So I assumed no subfile was needed. Only after reading the .dat and seeing the subfile, I checked the version of my lib and realized it was outdated.

Just my weird ways of working I guess  Blush

I believe the files will display normally once you update.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »