Beta Parts Tracker feedback

Beta Parts Tracker feedback
This thread is for questions regarding the Beta PT
Please report bugs to Github unless they are minor in nature.

Link for those who missed the announcement in the year in review post:
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker

GitHub:
https://github.com/ldraw-org/ldraworg-library

First question:
On the part submit page: are the radio buttons to select the folder preferred or would a select/dropdown be better?
RE: Beta Parts Tracker feedback
(2023-01-11, 3:51)Orion Pobursky Wrote: This thread is for questions regarding the Beta PT
Please report bugs to Github unless they are minor in nature.

First question:
On the part submit page: are the radio buttons to select the folder preferred or would a select/dropdown be better?

Is there any way to look at the Beta PT at the moment?

For the question, radio buttons are preffered IMO, one click against two. Not so many file types at the moment for dropdown selector to be prefferable
(2023-01-11, 3:57)Max Murtazin Wrote: Is there any way to look at the Beta PT at the moment?

I added a link up top
(2023-01-11, 3:57)Max Murtazin Wrote: For the question, radio buttons are preffered IMO, one click against two. Not so many file types at the moment for dropdown selector to be prefferable

Agreed; also you can see all your choices without scrolling anything.
(2023-01-11, 3:51)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Please report bugs to Github unless they are minor in nature.

Where can we find the link to Github?

Also, is it intended that Keywords are not visible in the File Header section?
(2023-01-11, 3:51)Orion Pobursky Wrote: First question:

I also think radio buttons are better
(2023-01-11, 7:22)Vincent Messenet Wrote: Where can we find the link to Github?

I added the link above.
Should we put proposal or wishes also to github?

I have the following suggestions:
  • In the „Required Part“ and “Parent Part” section I would like to see the 3D pop-up when I click then small picture

I think the summary pages for printed etc parts is not yet done, but:

• When looking at a plain part that has printed versions e.g. 3004  I would like to have a button for “Patterned” and “Stickered Parts” in the menu bar already
(2023-01-11, 16:20)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Should we put proposal or wishes also to github?

I'd like Github to be the centralised tracker of all bugs, requests, etc.

(2023-01-11, 16:20)Gerald Lasser Wrote: In the „Required Part“ and “Parent Part” section I would like to see the 3D pop-up when I click then small picture

When looking at a plain part that has printed versions e.g. 3004 I would like to have a button for “Patterned” and “Stickered Parts” in the menu bar already

Both of the above have been added to Github.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »