Small !CATEGORY update

Small !CATEGORY update
https://www.ldraw.org/article/340

Added Moved (should have been there all along) and the approved Helper category
Clarified use for Helper, Moved, and Obsolete.
RE: Small !CATEGORY update
(2022-11-19, 4:45)Orion Pobursky Wrote: https://www.ldraw.org/article/340

FYI, unless there is a bug in my script that I use to generate the PDF parts catalog, the following categories are not used by any official parts:
  • Forklift
  • Grab
  • Helper
  • Lever

Since Helper is new, that's I assume not unexpected. We might want to consider whether the others should be left as valid categories, though.
(2022-11-19, 8:02)Travis Cobbs Wrote: FYI, unless there is a bug in my script that I use to generate the PDF parts catalog, the following categories are not used by any official parts:
  • Forklift
  • Grab
  • Helper
  • Lever

Since Helper is new, that's I assume not unexpected. We might want to consider whether the others should be left as valid categories, though.

I almost forgot: POV-Ray and String are used as category by at least one official part each. We obviously don't want POV-Ray (used for light.dat), but String should perhaps be added to the list. (It seems at least conceivable that LEGO would have a string with different thickness at some point.)
(2022-11-19, 4:45)Orion Pobursky Wrote: https://www.ldraw.org/article/340

I would like to have a link on that page, to use for a download of Category.txt needed by DatHeader.
The update function in DatHeader doesn't work anymore.

.png   update category.png (Size: 16.75 KB / Downloads: 32)
(2022-11-19, 8:04)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I almost forgot: POV-Ray and String are used as category by at least one official part each. We obviously don't want POV-Ray (used for light.dat), but String should perhaps be added to the list. (It seems at least conceivable that LEGO would have a string with different thickness at some point.)

An update to light.dat (incidentally that last part with release ORIGINAL) is on the PT. I suppose it can use the Helper category but moving it to the /h folder isn't possible just yet.

I agree with String and will add it.
I already thought of that and it's in the works.

However, I don't know the URL DATHeader is using.
(2022-11-19, 8:02)Travis Cobbs Wrote: FYI, unless there is a bug in my script that I use to generate the PDF parts catalog, the following categories are not used by any official parts:
  • Forklift
  • Grab
  • Helper
  • Lever

Grab can go away.

Looks like all the Forklift parts got moved to Vehicle. Maybe we should consider doing the same for the other non-Car/Plane/Boat categories (like Tractor and Exhaust)

Lever is more useful as a category but since it's not in use it can probably go as well.
(2022-11-19, 15:01)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I already thought of that and it's in the works.

However, I don't know the URL DATHeader is using.

The same as the part tracker !
(2022-11-20, 17:05)Michael Heidemann Wrote: The same as the part tracker !

The PT has the list hard coded.  That said, the code base is large and I didn't write it so there are sure to be things I'm not I'm not aware of. Where, specifically, is DATHeader pointing for this file.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »