Flags

Flags
A while back I made some US Flag subparts (usflags01-04) so that, with the exception of some edge cases, it would be easy to make a US Flag. Upon reflection I think these should be bumped to primitives.

Thoughts?

Note: If it's decided to move these, I'll do all the conversion work.
RE: Flags
(2022-09-09, 22:59)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Thoughts?

We already have a lot of similar pattern subfiles in the library. To me it doesn't matter where they are. Let them stay and don't spend time on rearranging them. The problem is rather finding them. As an part author I have the "know" they exist, do a visual search of the complete library for similar designs, to find their partnumbers, and hope thay are made from subfiles.

What we need is a better way to find the already made pattern templates. Like primref, but for pattern subfiles.
RE: Flags
(2022-09-10, 7:22)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: What we need is a better way to find the already made pattern templates. Like primref, but for pattern subfiles.

That's a good idea and I think a naming convention would help. What's nice about the s folder is that we don't have to worry about backward compatibility so we can move things around as long as the parent files get updated.

P.S. I'm going to move this topic to the main specifications forum since it's more appropriate there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »