LPub Using LPub3D with Ubuntu

Using LPub3D with Ubuntu
I have tried to install LPub3D in Ubuntu 22.04. The Version of LPub3D is 2.4.4.0.2671

For this I used the following command:

sudo snap install lpub3D

The installation went without errors, but the display of the mpd file is incorrect.

I have juxtaposed the images below. The images on the left are from a computer running Windows 7 and the images on the right are from a computer running Ubuntu 22.04.

On another computer with Ubuntu 21.10 it is the same behavior.[Image: sad.png]

If I set the value for 'Camera distance' to 2000 in the menu under 'Visual Editor/Preference', then the scaling is correct. but the error on the third image (callout shifted) remains.[Image: huh.png]

Can someone help me and tell me where the problem could be here?

Greetings

Manfred
RE: Using LPub3D with Ubuntu
(2022-08-12, 17:14)Manfred Schaefer Wrote: I have tried to install LPub3D in Ubuntu 22.04. The Version of LPub3D is 2.4.4.0.2671

For this I used the following command:

sudo snap install lpub3D

The installation went without errors, but the display of the mpd file is incorrect.

I have juxtaposed the images below. The images on the left are from a computer running Windows 7 and the images on the right are from a computer running Ubuntu 22.04.

On another computer with Ubuntu 21.10 it is the same behavior.[Image: sad.png]

If I set the value for 'Camera distance' to 2000 in the menu under 'Visual Editor/Preference', then the scaling is correct. but the error on the third image (callout shifted) remains.[Image: huh.png]

Can someone help me and tell me where the problem could be here?

Greetings

Manfred

The images on the right are using the "Native Renderer" and the images on the left are using LDview or the other one that comes in the box that isnt POV Ray. 

If that is not the case, then I would suggest trying the same renderer on both computers that is not the native renderer.
(2022-08-17, 16:18)Cam's Bricks Wrote: The images on the right are using the "Native Renderer" and the images on the left are using LDview or the other one that comes in the box that isnt POV Ray. 

If that is not the case, then I would suggest trying the same renderer on both computers that is not the native renderer.

Hello,

thanks for the answer, however in both cases it is just the installation of LPub3D. LPub3D already contains routines to render the images.
Since it comes on another computer also with Ubuntu, but version 21.10, to the same "error", I exclude a problem with the graphics card or the driver.[Image: huh.png]

Greetings

Manfred
(2022-08-17, 17:43)Manfred Schaefer Wrote: Hello,

thanks for the answer, however in both cases it is just the installation of LPub3D. LPub3D already contains routines to render the images.
Since it comes on another computer also with Ubuntu, but version 21.10, to the same "error", I exclude a problem with the graphics card or the driver.[Image: huh.png]

Greetings

Manfred

In the preferences pane you select the render. I am not positive that they default to the same one. You will need to check which is being used in both installations and make them match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »