[LDPE] 1.8.61 Released (mixed-mode tori)

[LDPE] 1.8.61 Released (mixed-mode tori)
Hi,

this release includes just a small new feature (mixed-mode tori) for the integrated PrimGen2 version.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]

As always, you can download LDPE from this page:

http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:

(1 new feature)

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...create a mixed mode torus with PrimGen2.

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Installation on Windows:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_win32_x64.zip
  2. Run LDPartEditor-1.8.61.msi
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the start menu
Installation on Linux:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_linux_x64.zip
  2. Install ldparteditor_1.8.61-1_amd64.deb
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the menu or via launcher
Installation on Mac OS X:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_mac_x64.zip
  2. Mount LDPartEditor-1.8.61.dmg
  3. Drag LDPartEditor.app to the Applications folder
  4. Copy ldparteditor.sh to your home folder
        4a. Open a Terminal.app and run ./ldparteditor.sh
        4b. Or open a Terminal.app and run /Applications/LDPartEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/LDPartEditor

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.61 Released (mixed-mode tori)
Useful addition. Thanks Nils!
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.61 Released (mixed-mode tori)
that's a good addition! Thanks
RE: [LDPE] change "winding" of lines
As a user I'd like the change winding tool (j) to be also active on type 2 lines, swapping the end points. This is useful when preparing the shape files for pathtruder since the winding of surfaces generated by this tool depends on end points order.
(2023-01-06, 13:23)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: As a user I'd like the change winding tool (j) to be also active on type 2 lines, swapping the end points. This is useful when preparing the shape files for pathtruder since the winding of surfaces generated by this tool depends on end points order.

Or maybe change the Flip tool (F) to also work on type 2 lines. It already works on triangle pairs and condlines.
(2023-01-06, 14:19)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Or maybe change the Flip tool (F) to also work on type 2 lines. It already works on triangle pairs and condlines.

Could even work on type 1 lines, to flip the y-axis direction perhaps.
(2023-01-06, 13:23)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: As a user I'd like the change winding tool (j) to be also active on type 2 lines, swapping the end points. This is useful when preparing the shape files for pathtruder since the winding of surfaces generated by this tool depends on end points order.

I created issue #944 for this feature (https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldpar...issues/944).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »