OMR Naming

OMR Naming
I'm starting to feel like Official Model Repository isn't descriptive enough. "Official" is ambiguous. It could mean these are models that are officially approved by LDraw instead of models of official LEGO sets. I thought maybe LDraw Set Database but LSD is a bad acronym. I'd love to use LEGO somewhere in the name but I think TLG's lawyers would object. Maybe LDraw Official Set Repository/Database?

Thoughts?
RE: OMR Naming
(2022-07-09, 1:38)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm starting to feel like Official Model Repository isn't descriptive enough. "Official" is ambiguous. It could mean these are models that are officially approved by LDraw instead of models of official LEGO sets. I thought maybe LDraw Set Database but LSD is a bad acronym. I'd love to use LEGO somewhere in the name but I think TLG's lawyers would object. Maybe LDraw Official Set Repository/Database?

Thoughts?
I'd like the name to reflect that is about models. LDraw Set Models Repository perhaps ?
(2022-07-09, 6:52)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: LDraw Set Models Repository perhaps ?

I like that.
If the front page of the repository makes it clear that it only contains models of official lego sets, and not MOCs.

But what counts as an official model?
B-model? For sure, but only if there's a BI included in the set?
Secondary models, but without a BI?
Bricklink models?
How about "Official Sets Modeled in LDraw"? Similar to the name of the Eurobricks thread…

(2022-07-09, 8:54)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I like that.
If the front page of the repository makes it clear that it only contains models of official lego sets, and not MOCs.

Bricklink models?

As for B-models, the naming spec seems to say that any alternate models with building instructions would count.
(2022-07-09, 8:54)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I like that.

Bricklink models?

And there also things like combo models or official models that are designed by Lego but are not actual sets, such stuff also brings in some problems to that
(2022-07-09, 16:53)Max Murtazin Wrote: And there also things like combo models or official models that are designed by Lego but are not actual sets, such stuff also brings in some problems to that

Alll of the above are valid points but the intent of this thread was not to hash out what constitutes an "official set".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »