lego instructions app export/import

lego instructions app export/import
Shocked 
Hello everyone. I have seen on part tracker parts, that were converted from LEGO instructions app.
Just out of curiosity, how do you do it? As I understand it is Unity app, so do you somehow rip it from Unity cache files?
RE: lego instructions app export/import
(2022-07-04, 12:40)Stan Isachenko Wrote: Hello everyone. I have seen on part tracker parts, that were converted from LEGO instructions app.
Just out of curiosity, how do you do it? As I understand it is Unity app, so do you somehow rip it from Unity cache files?

Model files can be ripped straight from the Unity app itself - ripping assets from those is fairly easy
(2022-07-04, 13:45)Max Murtazin Wrote: Model files can be ripped straight from the Unity app itself - ripping assets from those is fairly easy

Oh, true. I got all downloaded content from my phone and extracted all models AssetsStudioGui. Just to mention majority of models are stored in cache, that downloads when you open instruction. And only few basic things are inside apk. So first you have to download instruction inside app, and that copy files com.lego.legobuildinginstructions folder.
Is there anything in the APK? I found files only in the cache.

There s also the catalogue app which has much higher resolution stuff, that is not really useful to be adapted to LDraw.

Interesting though is, that the stuff of the lo-res instruction app takes longer to load.
(2022-07-04, 15:38)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Is there anything in the APK? I found files only in the cache.

There s also the catalogue app which has much higher resolution stuff, that is not really useful to be adapted to LDraw.

Interesting though is, that the stuff of the lo-res instruction app takes longer to load.

can you send link to catalogue app please?
(2022-07-04, 15:49)Stan Isachenko Wrote: can you send link to catalogue app please?

Look for "3D Catalogue LEGO" in Play Store
(2022-07-04, 17:53)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Look for "3D Catalogue LEGO" in Play Store

It seems it is not available for phones(or mine is to old), but i found apk in the internet.
Quote:Interesting though is, that the stuff of the lo-res instruction app takes longer to load.
Actually i know why. Instructions app, has all parts split with different textures and materials, while catalogues has textures baked into atlases, this is why it loads faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »