LDCad Number of polygons/triangles

Number of polygons/triangles
Hello!

I didn't see such feature in documentation: Is there a way to show number of polygons/triangles needed to render current loaded model/part in LDCad? I use 1.6d version.
RE: Number of polygons/triangles
(2022-05-21, 18:18)Lenny Wrote: I didn't see such feature in documentation: Is there a way to show number of polygons/triangles needed to render current loaded model/part in LDCad? I use 1.6d version.

This is currently not available.

Only part/model usages of the current modal are currently included (right bottom I icon)
I was curious if replacing several standard bricks for Ldraw boxer parts would really matter (files became bigger), but after rebuilding and loading in three js there is quite big difference in "smoothness".

By the way: what determines number of polygons (or triangles)? Or maybe I should ask: If I build the same model in other lego CAD I get always the same amount of polygons?
(2022-05-22, 18:46)Lenny Wrote: Or maybe I should ask: If I build the same model in other lego CAD I get always the same amount of polygons?

Generally I would say yes. LDraw uses triangles and quads. Most viewers break the quads into triangles (since modern graphic speaks in triangles) so the number should be the same across the board as long as said program is using the raw shape data and not introducing its own substitutions/optimizations.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »