Primitive Reference

Primitive Reference
The primitives reference needs to be updated. This is a manual process which I have little time to do. If someone knowledgeable wants to put together an updated reference, I can format it for the site.
RE: Primitive Reference
(2022-03-26, 17:56)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The primitives reference needs to be updated. This is a manual process which I have little time to do. If someone knowledgeable wants to put together an updated reference, I can format it for the site.

Are you referring to the entirety of this page or just some sections?

https://www.ldraw.org/library/primref/
(2022-06-16, 11:46)Cam's Bricks Wrote: Are you referring to the entirety of this page or just some sections?

https://www.ldraw.org/library/primref/

If it is the "Currently available primitives :" sections that are meant, then I think it would make sense to make these dynamic, so that the page doesn't have to be refreshed manually.
(2022-06-16, 17:17)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: If it is the "Currently available primitives :" sections that are meant, then I think it would make sense to make these dynamic, so that the page doesn't have to be refreshed manually.

That isn't really possible to do with the descriptions of primitives, because those have to be written manually
I am currently going through the primref data and page.

Apart from completing the missing prims since the last update, whihc would be step (1) I think we need some overhaul in general to use it  and to properly find stuff there.

I have in mind that:

- there should be more pictures helping explain things, e.g. trying not to roate prims, better build odd/rotated requirements,
- use and effect of aring and erings in std-res and hi-res
- the viewing angle of two thirds is not optimal for some prims, e.g. for the 3D triangular ones and cyls
- also include some sub-parts, namely and overview of screws
- may be include a link that will show parts using them (not for the basic ones)
- Incldue links to the documentation on some special cases like "how to do Stud Prims" (Main, Fast Draw, Lores)

Finally the question, which docuement can I edit respectively wouls you prefer?

(2023-01-17, 17:41)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I am currently going through the primref data and page.

Apart from completing the missing prims since the last update, whihc would be step (1) I think we need some overhaul in general to use it  and to properly find stuff there.

I have in mind that:

- there should be more pictures helping explain things, e.g. trying not to roate prims, better build odd/rotated requirements,
- use and effect of aring and erings in std-res and hi-res
- the viewing angle of two thirds is not optimal for some prims, e.g. for the 3D triangular ones and cyls
- also include some sub-parts, namely and overview of screws
- may be include a link that will show parts using them (not for the basic ones)
- Incldue links to the documentation on some special cases like "how to do Stud Prims" (Main, Fast Draw, Lores)

Finally the question, which docuement can I edit respectively wouls you prefer?

This is long overdue. thanks for tackling at last. I guess a wiki page would do, where also other can help out?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2023-01-17, 17:41)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Finally the question, which docuement can I edit respectively wouls you prefer?

This will shift to the library site. Therefore you can make whatever document you want to make.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »