LDCad Animation playback issue

Animation playback issue
I wanted to report more about the animation playback issue I'm having, as mentioned here.

In the 1.7 alpha, I tried each of the scripted example models and found no issues, except for 8860. When I started the animation for this one, unlike the others, it played the colorfest animation rather than the 8860 demo. I switched to the 8860 animation and started it. The play button highlighted but the animation did not start, and it remained stuck like that for maybe two minutes. Then the program gave up and just want back to a ready state, and the animation never played.

I switched to 1.6d and went through the same process. The first scripted model I tried, 5510, had the same issue, but the hang time was much shorter, just a couple of seconds. Other scripted models worked fine, as did a second attempt at 5510. Then came 8860, and it had the same behavior as it did in 1.7, except for two things. First, it seemed to get through a single frame (the camera view changed and the counter moved to 0.16 seconds), but otherwise froze up like before. I've attached of screenshot of this stage. Second, it didn't default to the colorfest this time, but opened with its own demo script loaded.

I've also attached log files from these two sessions. (I did try again in 1.7 and it was exactly like the first time except without the colorfest. It didn't get through even one frame.)

I'm quite sure I've run this animation perfectly fine in 1.6d before, so I don't think it's a version-specific problem. But it does seem to be related to the 8860 model somehow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   logFile-2022-03-19-11-05-45.txt.zip (Size: 43.08 KB / Downloads: 2)
.zip   logFile-2022-03-19-11-23-26.txt.zip (Size: 181.25 KB / Downloads: 3)
RE: Animation playback issue
(2022-03-19, 15:55)N. W. Perry Wrote: I wanted to report more about the animation playback issue I'm having
I'm quite sure I've run this animation perfectly fine in 1.6d before, so I don't think it's a version-specific problem. But it does seem to be related to the 8860 model somehow.

First thing I'm thinking about is a timing issue resulting from the WINE encapsulation.

It looks like it never gets the 'next frame' event.

The the 1.7 log only indicates failing to load loads of pbg files from some reason.

The 1.6 one has a weird error:

Quote:Error | Should not happen (TPartBinCatListGroup::updateCatGroups 1), this should never happen and is probably caused by e.g. out of sync enum handling.

But that might be caused by outdated or polluted bin files resulting from a bug in one of the earlier 1.6 version concerning bin synchronization.
(2022-03-19, 20:43)Roland Melkert Wrote: But that might be caused by outdated or polluted bin files resulting from a bug in one of the earlier 1.6 version concerning bin synchronization.

Code:
for (int i=0; i<getItemCount(); i++)
  {
    item=getItemAsGroupRefItem(i);
    if (item==NULL) //alle items moeten group refs zijn! anders is er elders iets niet goed.
      appLog->shouldNotHappen("TPartBinCatListGroup::updateCatGroups 1");
    else
    {

Given this code there seem to be invalid items in the pbg file for some reason.

Could you send me your (whole) partBin folder of the 1.6d version?
(2022-03-19, 20:43)Roland Melkert Wrote: First thing I'm thinking about is a timing issue resulting from the WINE encapsulation.

It looks like it never gets the 'next frame' event.

It's possible I changed something in Wine since the last time this worked, since I have messed around with it a bit. Though as far as I know, I left everything as it was before…

Quote:The the 1.7 log only indicates failing to load loads of pbg files from some reason.

I haven't synchronized my part bins between 1.6 and 1.7 yet, but I can't see how that could have an effect. In that session I didn't open any of my own models, only your 8860.

Quote:Could you send me your (whole) partBin folder of the 1.6d version?

Too big to attach here (I think), so I sent it to your email.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »