LDInstruction

RE: LDInstruction
Thanks for giving LDInstruction a try, and special thanks for your feedback.

The concept of LDInstruction is somewhat different to LPub3D. In LDInstruction, the page layout is defined and all images are created in some kind of batch job. There is a preview per step, but not per page. All included sub-models are created as separate steps but can be inlined by setting the inline option. Maybe take a look at the example in post #22 of this thread.

I could offer some screenshots for the appropriate options. If you don't mind sharing your model, I would create them using your model.
(2022-03-14, 18:33)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Thanks for giving LDInstruction a try, and special thanks for your feedback.

The concept of LDInstruction is somewhat different to LPub3D. In LDInstruction, the page layout is defined and all images are created in some kind of batch job. There is a preview per step, but not per page. All included sub-models are created as separate steps but can be inlined by setting the inline option. Maybe take a look at the example in post #22 of this thread.

I could offer some screenshots for the appropriate options. If you don't mind sharing your model, I would create them using your model.

That is quite interesting, in that case, can a PDF and/or per page PNG export be easily added? I do not have LibreOffice (I know it is free but I would prefer a different work flow). I currently use PDF exports to make draft books before the final books (pdfs). For final books, I export all my instructions as transparent PNG files and use Adobe InDesign to add covers, page numbers, detail/information pages, etc..

**Edit** - another thought, would it be possible to parse in the LPub3D metas? I already have a lot of page setup, fonts, colors, etc setup from there and having those be able to be used would be a big help. I will get a file for you soon
(2022-03-14, 18:52)Cam's Bricks Wrote: That is quite interesting, in that case, can a PDF and/or per page PNG export be easily added? I do not have LibreOffice (I know it is free but I would prefer a different work flow). I currently use PDF exports to make draft books before the final books (pdfs). For final books, I export all my instructions as transparent PNG files and use Adobe InDesign to add covers, page numbers, detail/information pages, etc..

**Edit** - another thought, would it be possible to parse in the LPub3D metas? I already have a lot of page setup, fonts, colors, etc setup from there and having those be able to be used would be a big help. I will get a file for you soon

At the moment, there is no direct PDF export as I would assume that there is always something to be done manually and it is just one click with LibreOffice. Exporting the images as PNG is already possible in the GUI (button "export image (png)"), but you have to export each step and each part separately. There is no font rendering integrated in LDInstruction, so there is no way to export a complete page with all texts and lines.

Some LPub3D metas may have a similar intention as some instruction in LDInstruction, but I would doubt that converting them would help that much - the concepts are too different. For example "multi step per page" in LPub3D is done by specifically marking steps, and with LDInstruction a page layout with rows and columns has to be defined.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »