Done with LDCad 1.7a1

[Image: 42130_2.jpg]
42138 - Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
[Image: 42138.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing most stickers
Done with LDCad 1.7a1
RE: Technic 2022
I completed LEGO 42141 with Studio, can I upload it and share it here? But I don't know how to do it? Please let me know, thank you.
(2022-04-30, 8:43)MING YING CAI Wrote: I completed LEGO 42141 with Studio, can I upload it and share it here? But I don't know how to do it? Please let me know, thank you.

You may need to export the Studio file as an LDraw file to attach it here. I'm not sure whether the forum is configured to allow .io files as attachments.

There may also be a filesize limit; for .png files it's half a megabyte, not sure if it's the same for LDraw files (but the system will tell you).
[Image: 42141.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing most stickers
Done with LDCad 1.7a1

[Image: 42141_2.jpg]
(2022-04-30, 8:43)MING YING CAI Wrote: I completed LEGO 42141 with Studio, can I upload it and share it here? But I don't know how to do it? Please let me know, thank you.
I just uploaded my version (done with LDCad), but feel free to post yours ! Wink
I used my time to learn Studio for about 5 months. Please bear with me if there is something wrong with LEGO 42141. I can only share it with Google Drive. Currently, I am drawing LEGO 42126.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASsUPL0...sp=sharing
(2022-05-05, 7:43)MING YING CAI Wrote: I used my time to learn Studio for about 5 months. Please bear with me if there is something wrong with LEGO 42141. I can only share it with Google Drive. Currently, I am drawing LEGO 42126.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASsUPL0...sp=sharing
Google Drive sharing is not "public enough". Please change sharing type to "everybody with the link" and share this link...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2022-05-05, 9:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Google Drive sharing is not "public enough". Please change sharing type to "everybody with the link" and share this link...

fixed, thanks
(2022-05-05, 11:14)MING YING CAI Wrote: fixed, thanks
I converted your .io file to a LDraw one and corrected a bunch of incompatibilities between both system. File here attached.

Attached Files
.ldr   42141-MYC.ldr (Size: 187.72 KB / Downloads: 13)
Side note: .io is now an allowed attachment type.
LEGO 42126

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yTTB6K4...sp=sharing
(2022-05-12, 6:16)MING YING CAI Wrote: LEGO 42126

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yTTB6K4...sp=sharing

Thanks for sharing. Imported your file in Stud.io.
Made some minor changes to the model so it does not "float" when rendering.

Looks good now!

[Image: 52172746213_1114cf4529_c.jpg]
(2022-06-25, 22:23)Hans Tolhuisen Wrote: Thanks for sharing. Imported your file in Stud.io.
Made some minor changes to the model so it does not "float" when rendering.

Looks good now!

Will you share your modifications?
42143 - Ferrari Daytona SP3.mpd

[Image: 42143%20-%20Ferrari%20Daytona%20SP3.png]

99% OMR conform (!LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model is missing in subfiles)

Complete with all new parts. I submitted a few missing unofficial parts to ldraw.org.
Only the laser printed part with the individual serial number is missing: 2431pr0184.
LEGO 42139
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E3Ghblb...sp=sharing
Studio 2.22.8(1)
LEGO 42140
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LDQ1F-O...sp=sharing
Studio 2.22.12(1)
RE: 42127 - The Batman - Batmobile
Hello,

long time no post. Since my first research on how to render photoreal LEGO with LDraw files a lot of happened.

I am since 2017 the course director for Digital Film Design at the Mediadesign University of Applied Sciences and I use Digital LEGO to teach my students fundamental workflows in animation/VFX. In my course about look development and 3d tracking, I show my students a solid workflow of how to track a camera from a filmed scene and how to add models photoreal by using a shot HDRI on location.

Once everything is set up it's a no-brainer to create more scenes with different LEGO models. There was no complete Batmobile on Mecabricks so I used your fantastic build and replaced the imported shader in Blender with the more advanced Mecabricks shader.

As usual, LEGO is the perfect tool for my courses. It's literally learning by playing with satisfying results.

Thanks for the model!

Best,
Michael
Renderbricks

LEGO IS MORE
I saw your Twitter post.

Note that the Studio render and your Blender render look similar. This is because Studio uses Blender's Cycles and the shaders from Mechabricks. There's some community politics in there that I won't delve into.

EDIT: The YouTube video didn't show up for me the first time. That's Awesome! Amazing work!
(2022-12-19, 0:04)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I saw your Twitter post.

Note that the Studio render and your Blender render look similar. This is because Studio uses Blender's Cycles and the shaders from Mechabricks. There's some community politics in there that I won't delve into.

EDIT: The YouTube video didn't show up for me the first time. That's Awesome! Amazing work!

Yes, Stud.io has "stolen" the rendering concept and shaders researched by me with MODO and adapted and further developed by Nicolas Jarraud (Mecabricks) but they never updated them. Fortunately! We are not amused by this because Stud.io got more attention in the end.

The Mecabricks shaders are more complex now. I am involved in the development process as the "influencer" since the end of 2014 because all this is based on my deep research results on how to render LDraw data in a photoreal look with different 3d applications. When I found LDraw in 2000 I always came back to figure out a way how to import LDraw into Softimage XSI. At this time and till 2014 it seemed to be impossible.

2014 I found an LDraw importer for Blender not supporting shaders and instances but it was able to convert proper meshes. Then I made my first tests with MODO. When you search on Google for "rendering digital LEGO" you will find the first result of the Star Wars Snowspeeder I posted on Eurobricks.

The actual LDraw importer by Toby Lobster contains fundamental and important features like realistic shaders and instancing support because my first promising tests ended with the Millennium Falcon. It took 16 hours to convert the data to MODO and the file size was 2.4 GB. So I gave up the idea to import more complex LEGO models but then I found Mecabricks end of 2014 and contacted Nicolas Jarraud to share my results with him. This was the beginning of the efficient and photoreal rendering concept with Blender.

I can say that everything we see in the community today in terms of images and animation is based on my research from 2014. The LEGO Group itself had never responded to my inquiries about this, as I see a lot of potential here.

Best,
Michael
Renderbricks

flickr
ArtStation
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
LEGO IS MORE
Ok. Wow. Thanks for the back story. I think it's obvious from my comment that I had no idea you were involved in this. We (LDraw.org) have our own issues with Stud.io as well but that's something best kept out of public discussion.

BTW, thanks for all the work you've put into this. Even Stud.io's out of date shaders are awesome work. If I ever find time away from Library Admin (which is consuming all of my free LDraw time at the moment), I'll have to check out your new efforts.
(2022-12-19, 14:09)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ok. Wow. Thanks for the back story. I think it's obvious from my comment that I had no idea you were involved in this. We (LDraw.org) have our own issues with Stud.io as well but that's something best kept out of public discussion.

BTW, thanks for all the work you've put into this. Even Stud.io's out of date shaders are awesome work. If I ever find time away from Library Admin (which is consuming all of my free LDraw time at the moment), I'll have to check out your new efforts.

Thanks! And thanks for putting the time and effort in LDraw. RIP James Jessiman.

Renderbricks is behind all this and most people don't know while influencers with stupid ideas make millions. I am pretty sure if I had time for a good channel around Digital LEGO this could be some kind of successful. But for now, I have my family, my position as a professor, and my animation studio in its 21st year. But I have LEGO content on my list.

It was clear to me that when Nicolas adapted by results for Mecabricks it will grow exponentially by sharing these times and the community will take over. What I personally support! Since then I see more and more amazing work on social media and YouTube. Sharing knowledge for free is the future. That's why I use free software like Blender and love the LDraw project which brought me to this idea. LEGO is the mother of my profession and was a very important and creative toy/tool in my childhood. Maybe LEGO is responsible for my passion for animation/VFX. It's a mix of technical and artistic skills.

The improved version with Cycles and the Mecabricks shaders is a huge step forward for the MOC designers who prefer Stud.io for the main reason that it's using the most complete LEGO database. Mecabricks lacks a lot of parts but has other advantages due to the easy workflow with Blender and more flexibility with textures and UV maps. Overall LDraw is fantastic but a lot of parts have quality issues. And I wished decorations were solved by textures like the Minifigure faces.

LDraw models need some effort to fix some conversion issues. But that's fine because the result is despite some quality issues very satisfying.
LEGO IS MORE
42144 Material Handler
Theme: Technic
Year: 2022

[Image: 42144.png]

42144 Material Handler

Errors:
Pneumatic hoses missing, due to complexity
Stickers missing

OMR not compliant
(2023-01-01, 19:08)Marco Orsi Wrote: Errors:
Pneumatic hoses missing, due to complexity

You have to fight through the pain. Tongue
42145 Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter.mpd

[Image: 42145%20-%20Airbus%20H175%20Rescue%20Helicopter.png]

Includes all new unofficial parts except of:
  • 85825 Hub, Powered Up 2-Port (Non-Bluetooth) - Screw Opening
    => Replaced by 22167 Hub, Powered Up 2-Port (Non-Bluetooth) - Clip Opening
  • 39888 Technic Pin Long without Friction Ridges, with Anti-Roll Notch
    => Replaced by 32556 Technic Pin Long without Friction Ridges
Didn't see the Technic 2023 thread, so I posted it here.

LEGO 42150
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C_9atzl...share_link
Studio 2.23.3(1)

The above stickers are copied from the .io file provided by mla2 MOC-140518 on rebrickable website.
Didn't see the Technic 2023 thread, so I posted it here.

LEGO 42151
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D_FHo_2...share_link
Studio 2.23.3(1)

The above stickers are copied from the .io file provided by mla2 MOC-133111 on rebrickable website.
Hereby the set 42133 Telehandler.

Attached Files
.mpd   42133 - Telehandler.mpd (Size: 11.9 KB / Downloads: 7)
Wink 
WinkWink
Hello, parts will be lost when opening MPD files using Studio software. Is there any solution?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »